• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First time water cooler....is this selection good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gazer

Registered
After countless hours of research, these are the parts I have selected for my first ever Water cooling system:

MP-05 pro cpu water block
MAZE4 GPU water block
Danger Den Mag II Le pump
Black Ice Extreme II radiator
Masterkleer 7/16 ID tubing (10 FT)
12 hose clamps
4 oz zerex coolant
T-line

$195 (my budget is $200)

so what do you guys think? Is it a good system?
Is the Black Ice Xtreme II designed for high CFM or low? What low cfm radiators are in the same price range if the xtreme II is rated for high?
Also, I have found very little info on the pump, but it is all I can afford.

Other CPU block I considered were the apogee and white water. Should I get the Mp-05, apogee, or white water?

thank you in advance!!

I think the Xtreme is design for high CFM, also i heard MP-5 is restrictive, so you might choose D5 pump instead. btw where you plan to buy those at?

I looked at the black ice pro and it is considerably cheaper as well. Does this radiator mount on a 120mm intake/exhaust area as well? That would make things much cleaner and easier.

SiGfever said:
You would be better off spending a little more on something like this.

http://www.petrastechshop.com/pecogpuba.html

why is that?

I'd probably drop the BIP or BIX, and go with a heatercore. They need high-CFM fans, but they're extremely cheap ($20 for a bonneville). With that money, you could buy a D5 instead of the magII, and that'd be a great upgrade. I'd also drop the zerex, and just buy some distilled water, with some antifreeze. I'm sure you have some antifreeze laying around your garage or car, and you can probably find some distilled water locally for under a buck.

I just think that Petra has good kits and great tech support. I do like everything except the pump, rad and coolant in his selection.

SiGfever said:
I just think that Petra has good kits and great tech support. I do like everything except the pump, rad and coolant in his selection.

I see. Petra's kits are good, in fact, I'd easily buy that kit you linked to. But, it's over his price range (though I do see you stated that it'd be worth saving an extra $50)..

Save money by droping the coolant and using a mix of 10/90 distilled water/antifreeze and a few drops of iodine to keep the algea out. Also, dont buy the clamps online either. Take a trip to a hardware store and get metal ones. They had them at home depot for 15 cents a clamp. With that extra money, you can spend the extra for the d5 which will easily power through that block and is future upgrade proof if you ever decide to add extra blocks or a better cpu block. :)

Back