• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

first time water cooling. concerned with a few things in my loop (pics inside)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That is not plasticizer. I had plasticizer buildup and its really nothing unless it ruins your clear tubing. I had black tubing and all it did was leave a barely visible milky white stain on the block that wiped right off. I also had a small deposit in my GPU block but it was very small amount and was a white powder that took 2 years to get a small amount.

That is 100% dye and it breaking down and gunking up. You can tell the way some of the deposit patterns that it is more consistent with a thick syrup like texture than metal deposits. Only one way to know for sure and thats open them blocks up.

Always cut the ends off and use fresh tubing to put to barb as others have stated.

Never use dye unless you are getting paid to do it not paying to do it.

I consider dye to flat out ruin the radiator but if you want to try to salvage it, don't put a bunch of chemicals and crap in the radiator just let water soak for 12-24 hours and then flush it out.

Back