• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First WC, got confused with hose

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

joelkyr

This is my first WC set-up and I got confused with the hose, I got lost which of which should I get, here is my hardware specs, hope you can help me what other things I need to buy, I wont be WC my chipset and VC for now just the cpu and see how it work out. MANY THANKS

3/8" internal diameter tubing 1/2" OD CPU
1/2" inch pre-angled inlet/outlet barbed hose connectors RAD
½" barb fittings (fits 1/2 ID tubing) PUMP

I wrongfully bought a Swiftech MCW6000-P, a mistake on my part because it was on sale.

The MCW6002™ waterblock is an extreme duty liquid cooling solution for high-end microprocessors. It only differs from the MCW6000™ by the outer diameter of its inlet and outlet, which are designed to receive 1/2" ID tubing.
This is the official description of the MCW6002-P (the one you have) so why not use 1/2" ID tubing then, since it fits on those barbs.

Wow, I got mixed up on that part, so I can use a 1/2"ID hose for my block if thats what your telling me the description on the reseller is this

The inlet and outlet are 3/8" in diameter, allowing direct use of 3/8" internal diameter tubing (1/2" OD) for good flow rates and reasonably unobtrusive tubing.

Personally i have heard from many people that you should be able to fit 1/2 ID onto 3/8 1/2 is bigger but that can be solved with some hose clamps.
You can try telling the reseller that you made a mistake and try to get your money back.
also don't worry about getting confused i am currently trying to set up my first watercooling system and i almost ordered a WW without the A64 mounting kit. so you are not the only one that makes mistakes.

Mils

Back