• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fitting question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Llyndis

Registered
I bought the swiftech lok seal fittings and I have a question about the netals. They are made of brass and have a black costing on them. But all my other components are copper. Will this cause any issues with the 2 different metals? Thank you for the info.

One last question. I bought 3/8 ID tubing and 5/8OD. Is that big enough for my setbup? I will be cooling the gpu, 2 video cards, and maybe the motherboard. I went with noctua ippc 3000 fans on a 480mm radiator. Also picked up some XSPC EC6 coolant uv blue is that ok and I have a kill coil. Thank you for the help.

Yes, that tubing is fine. It's not thin walled so you don't worry much about kinking.

Hehe, gotta have the colored liquid, that is your choice you already know the drawbacks.

Yeah I know there is some draw backs too it. I ordered the blue uv tubing but it's the res that won't look sexy with just distilled in it. Kind of sucks. I was going to change fluid every few months with a cleaning so idk.

Yeah I know there is some draw backs too it. I ordered the blue uv tubing but it's the res that won't look sexy with just distilled in it. Kind of sucks. I was going to change fluid every few months with a cleaning so idk.

I had colored fluid in my setups for more than 3 years without any maintenance and it was absolutely fine. Took them apart and cleaned them up and sold the here on the forum. So I wouldn't worry too much about cleaning every few months, that might be excessive but purely up to you.

Back