• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

for all you Antec 900 haters. =D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rich'[ard]

the Antec 900 (original) is often criticised for its lack of cable management, dust problems...etc etc.
here's to all those that hate the 900 for its lack of cable management.
i went ahead to drill some holes to see what i can come up with.

mods include:
matte black interior
dremelling - did a hole for the CPU backplate as well.
ripped out all Blue LED fans for cleaner look (...except one! :santa:)

:: pictures taken with my Samsung F480 phone ::

i've had this case for around 2 years now...and it's a pretty damn cool (dare i say sexy?) case in my eyes.
all it takes is a bit of time and that's all. no case is perfect after all.

Photo1102.jpg

Photo1104.jpg

Photo1107.jpg

rat's nest...here you go

Photo1111.jpg

my next goal is to buy a more expensive, higher quality PSU and individually sleeve all the cables.
hope you enjoy!

Last edited:
Thats nice.. about to do something similar with a dremel on my old gateway tower.. its a mess in there!

Great job! That's exactly what I need to do to my 900. I keep my extra wires shoved under the HDD cages, it would make a very nice place for any rat in the market for a new home.

Could you post or PM me info on the tools and paint used?

Well done to be honest. I'm building my first rig soon when my antec 1200 gets here. If I can do half as well as you on the cable management I'll be happy.

Me, I think it's fugly. But that is just personal preference and I do give it props for being a nice case (aside from the fugly part).

I love my 900, and I haven't even finished all the mods for it yet. I do, however, think the HAF cases are hideous. They do have good build quality, and good airflow. They also have a place made for a 2x120 radiator, but the looks are what turned me off, and why I decided to go with the Antec.

thanks for the heads up guys :)
Antec 900 pride! :santa:

killem 2, there's quite a lot of people that hate, or at least dislike, the Antec 900 because it lacks a few things. you always here them saying it's got no wire management, it's hard to keep clean, gets dusty...etc.

like Earthdog said, those that are not in the know, are missing out big time :beer:

I use(d) 900s for several of my computers and I do like them a lot and with some modding they are an excellent case but my current main rig is in an HAf 690 (I think 690) and I love it. only had to do a little modding for it to make it perfect. Really the things I like about it over the 900 is the hard drive placement and better access/space behind the mobo tray for cables. I just redid my main rigs case and changed out fans and redid cable management and it is now a sexy beast.

I do have 2 other primary rigs in antec 900 cases that are working just as well but my biggest gripe with those (aside from lack of fan filters which is easily fixable) is the hard drive placements. Due to their orentiation it is not possible to use most of hte 3.25" drive bays when running the new GTX/S series nvidia cards as they hit the back. Even worse with SLI. But the airflow within 900s is wonderful and much easier to keep quiet than the HAF for the same flow. The newer 900s are better by a little biut with the cable management, and the 300s are great in that regard with a sacrifice for airflow though.

In the end, for the price point of ~$75 id go with an HAF, for a price point of ~$100 its the antec, but if you move to the next bracket of ~$130+ I feel compelled to go back to the HAFs for their clean cables and well oriented bays. Though I have not yet had a chance to check out the 1200 since I dont need a new case right now.

Very nice.. But who hates the antec 900?? lol :p

me.

Not enough space, poor cable management and it really is not as cool running as other cases in its class.

I had mine for a couple of weeks, did some cable management mods to it, flipped it out and got a NZXT zero. Has a lot of the same issues (space and cable management pre mods) but runs much much cooler.

Kept that case a good year.

Nice job Rich looks really good :)

me.

Not enough space, poor cable management and it really is not as cool running as other cases in its class.

I had mine for a couple of weeks, did some cable management mods to it, flipped it out and got a NZXT zero. Has a lot of the same issues (space and cable management pre mods) but runs much much cooler.

Kept that case a good year.

Nice job Rich looks really good :)
thanks man :thup:
yep, it's case you either love or hate. NZXT zero - a case that cools better than the Antec 900/1200?! i thought they were the king of cooling lol.

i once wanted an NZXT case, but after i saw the 900 in the shop, i opted for the 900 instead. love at first site ;)

I use(d) 900s for several of my computers and I do like them a lot and with some modding they are an excellent case but my current main rig is in an HAf 690 (I think 690) and I love it. only had to do a little modding for it to make it perfect. Really the things I like about it over the 900 is the hard drive placement and better access/space behind the mobo tray for cables. I just redid my main rigs case and changed out fans and redid cable management and it is now a sexy beast.

I do have 2 other primary rigs in antec 900 cases that are working just as well but my biggest gripe with those (aside from lack of fan filters which is easily fixable) is the hard drive placements. Due to their orentiation it is not possible to use most of hte 3.25" drive bays when running the new GTX/S series nvidia cards as they hit the back. Even worse with SLI. But the airflow within 900s is wonderful and much easier to keep quiet than the HAF for the same flow. The newer 900s are better by a little bit with the cable management, and the 300s are great in that regard with a sacrifice for airflow though.

In the end, for the price point of ~$75 id go with an HAF, for a price point of ~$100 its the antec, but if you move to the next bracket of ~$130+ I feel compelled to go back to the HAFs for their clean cables and well oriented bays. Though I have not yet had a chance to check out the 1200 since I dont need a new case right now.

yeah the harddrive placement is a bit dodgy. it's not the cleverest design but it gets the job done. and i've got a little 4850 puppy in my 900 so no clearance issues. guess it's a bit tougher when you've got longer cards, but i've seen 9800GTX Tri-SLI in an Antec 900 before. it's do-able.
btw i hate the look of the the 900.2. it's too curvy, and too many lines overall. the original 900 looks cleaner IMO.

Wow that looks awesome with the black interior. It's gonna look even cooler with the sleeved PSU wires. Maybe you could use the chrome sleeving from XoXide.com

Back