• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

for all you Antec 900 haters. =D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
thanks JS, i wanted to post this up at new mod city but didn't do it all in time :(
yo TF2, get that black spray can out, spray the creap out of it, and you're in business :thup:

Dooms101, know anywhere to get that stuff in Australia?
going for an all black look =]

Well Xoxide.com sells a kit that I used on a friend's computer to sleeve all his stuff and it worked really well. Wire Sleeving
I am pretty sure they ship to Australia considering you can choose it as a shipping destination in check out. I'd suggest getting 2 kits, because it comes with various size sleeving with matching heatshrink and you never know how much of what you'll use. Can't wait to see this =)

You've done an excellent job with that 900! I have one myself, the kids gaming computer, and I've done much of the wire routing that you've done on yours. I need to pull it all apart, clean it up, hit the back side with the Dremel or Rotozip tool and make one more hole in it to finish off the wiring job. Now that I've got all the extensions and longer SATA cables on hand, it shouldn't be difficult to do. But I LOVE the blue LED's on any case. I might even changed my main rig over to blue from red. It isn't hard to do either, re-LED'ing a fan in a different color.

My main rig is housed in a CM HAF932. I must say that having both of these in my house, the Antec 900 and this 932, they ARE both dust magnets. But I LOVE both of these cases and will also see about filtering the fans once I get them both set up with water cooling.

It's always nice to see another person's hard work that looks nice. I've copied some folks and others have copied some of my stuff over the years. Like using Popsicle sticks for HDD rails. Ahhhh, the fun I get from playing with these components is simply scary. It means I'm a geek, but I just don't look the part. LOL!

dooms101, getting my dad to put down his credit card details asap! :santa:
i wish...lol. i'll see when i have time to sleeve my PSU. the case kinda looks not-as-good at daytime. it looks much cooler at night time, when the cables actually disappear lol.

thanks 09CivicSI. i assume you own a Civic? lol. yeah this case rocks, even if it's the only case i've ever had. you could always purchase a new Blue-led fan to save some work if you cbb. red is too in your face for me, and especially when it's 30c+ right now sometimes here in Melbourne, i certainly don't want my computer looking any warmer ;)

I hear ya' 09CivicSI I love my modded case to death, nothing like some dremel dust and paint thinner fumes with my coffee in the morning. :) And I have the same problem with dust... it seems to build up on every square inch of my pc =/ Oh well... I am also a huge nerd, I stay after school sometimes to help program apps in my class, and I make the test corrections for my physics teacher, but I am also the strongest weight lifter at my school (well for 11th grade and almost for 12th grade). Nice to see there's other nerds out there like me! Keep up the good work Rich'[ard], btw whats with your name? o.0

Yep, I own an 09 FG2. That's the two-door SI. I've done all I'm going to do to it for now though. Intake, race header, cat-back, improved motor mounts, Hondata Flashpro, short shifter and better sway bars. Thing is great fun to drive and even though it's set at 8200rpm redline, I still hit the damned limiter every now and then. lol

Keep up the good work Rich'[ard], btw whats with your name? o.0

it's what i had as my msn name when i signed up to OCF, so i decided to just use it here lol. at first it was 黄Rich'[ard]黄, but then i would have to type in Chinese everytime i logged in..so i made a new account called Rich'[ard]
and my name is actually Richard...lol. i just added some random stuff in there.
another time, i had this thing going where i made it Ric[hard]core, to emphasise the hardcore part. just for fun :p
but the first parenthesis somehow got placed after the 'h' so i dunno what happened. CONFUSING EY? :santa:

Yep, I own an 09 FG2. That's the two-door SI. I've done all I'm going to do to it for now though. Intake, race header, cat-back, improved motor mounts, Hondata Flashpro, short shifter and better sway bars. Thing is great fun to drive and even though it's set at 8200rpm redline, I still hit the damned limiter every now and then. lol

whoa nice, don't wanna go off topic, but if you woudln't mind could you pm me if you have any pics of your car? i'm interested in cars as much as PCs :)

I use to have an antec 900 and managed the wires like you did... but after I changed to haf 922... (using the same exact parts with my old one) Tada!

myrigh.jpg

whoa, guess i'm up classed :p
that thing looks very neat indeed. too bad that case wasn't out when i got this 900 (around 2-3 years ago...when it was first released).
how is that case for build quality? i've always been worried about CM cases because of the mediocre quality of some of their cases...or am i thinking about Thermaltake? :santa:

that thing looks very neat indeed. too bad that case wasn't out when i got this 900 (around 2-3 years ago...when it was first released).
how is that case for build quality? i've always been worried about CM cases because of the mediocre quality of some of their cases...or am i thinking about Thermaltake? :santa:

You're likely thinking more of Thermaltake. However, Coolermaster, in years past, had some very cheaply made cases themselves. They still have some mediocre cases, but once you get to a certain point in their product line, the quality and thoughtfulness of design goes from being mediocre to outstanding. The CM690 and Cosmos series are awesome! As are the HAF models. And I'm really digging the Scouts too. Now a days though, even CM's cheaper cases are pretty decent.

For me, at the time I got the 900, it was either an Antec 900 or a CM690. I just didn't have enough $$$ for the 690 at the time. But today, I'm using the HAF932 and couldn't be happier at that $150 price point. My other rig, not too shabby of one either, is housed in the Antec 900. With a nice fan controller and some Swiffer Pad made filters, it's quite easy to keep clean.

I noticed, your antec 900 has a whole in the back for the cpu heatsink backplate. My antec didn't have any holes and wasn't black in the inside. It was the antec 900 v1 which was $149 from newegg. Thought that was the first release.

haha, i bought my 900 when it first came out.
i figured why not also cut the CPU backplate hole while i'm at it, because i just paid $50 for a dremel...and will most likely never use it again unless i purchase a new case.
so yeah.
i also sprayed my case black :)

here's a picture of the exterior.
Photo0875.jpg

Wow I really like what you've done with it. And that CM HAF 922 looks pretty slick too. Nice, kinda makes me jealous since I have a cheap-o case I had to mod alot to be proud of lol

Here's my other rig, PII 940, HD4850's with The Dark Knight heatsink and 120mm fan facing the big boy lol IMG_0462.jpg

very niiiiice, how's the dust treating you? :p
i took out all my fans. got sick of the colour and dust build up...but gotta say, i loved the cooling :thup:

haha, i bought my 900 when it first came out.
i figured why not also cut the CPU backplate hole while i'm at it, because i just paid $50 for a dremel...and will most likely never use it again unless i purchase a new case.
so yeah.
i also sprayed my case black :)

here's a picture of the exterior.

IMAGE GOES HERE

Love the World map as a mouse mat, planning world domination by any chance? Really nice build man.

Love the World map as a mouse mat, planning world domination by any chance? Really nice build man.
haha thanks. i remember reading your Antec 900 thread as well. love your colour combo and case in general:thup:
nah, i could just use the table top...but it doesn't feel smooth, and it feels like it's grinding away the little mouse feet under the mouse so i just use the World map! :santa:

and it's smoother when do homework etc...because the pencils don't dig into the paper.
but of course, i'm planning to take over the world...you just watch out ;)

Back