• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

for APU's what video card?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
LIke I said before, you guys should just delete the AMD forums, that way you won't have to deal with anyone that has or wants to build an AMD rig again.

There's plenty of good AMD build advice, even in this thread about what the best route is to take, and when it makes sense and when it might not make sense. We are here to ensure people are well informed... We should stop at the point we're passing judgement, our role is to inform, and assist each other with making personal decisions we're happy with. We don't have to agree with the decisions, and this isn't the spanish inquisition where we have to force everyone to a unified belief system.

Please stay on topic. We don't need the drama.

And an 8350 + 7870 would perform just as well as a 3570 and 7870.
Depends on how you look at it, you can use a less expensive motherboard for the same OC level as well as a less expensive cooler and a lower wattage PSU. Plus some miniscule yearly savings.

Under that price point AMD's ability to OC gives it an easy win if people want to OC. That's where AMD really shines, the sub ~$200 CPU market. They're almost always the Right Choice there.

If the OP is still around...
What kind of budget? What resolution monitor? OCing?

mammut - your link says it all

The OP is looking at a 5800k & wanting to know what video card will work with hybrid xfire.

The cards are listed on the packaging - suggestions have been made.

guys...the whole good side...bad side was meant solely as a joke. That is why i posted it in the AMD section. I was simply asking what GPUs were to be paird with the AMD APU to use in hybrid xfire.

If the OP is still around...
What kind of budget? What resolution monitor? OCing?

this is the early stages. for the most part all i know is he plays WOW and Diabilo 3. i believe he is considering a tri-monitor setup. that is why i was asking about the pairing for the GPU to see if it is an option or not.

Not for gaming across three monitors, you're talking pretty serious horsepower needs there.

Not for gaming across three monitors, you're talking pretty serious horsepower needs there.

+1. A single 7970 can get away with it at relatively good detail levels, as can a GTX 670. However, even a Titan struggles at the highest settings. If you're talking an APU system with a GPU anywhere near the level that will match up with it, you'll be running with the lowest detail settings, no MSAA, etc...and even then you may lag some.

Tri-monitor gaming isn't for the faint of heart...or the faint of budget.

Back