• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

For you Asus A8N SLI/SE/Deluxe users out there!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SuperDave1685

I read about this briefly in the sticky, but it was so bogged down and in at the back of the sticky, so I wanted to point this out to you guys. Heres a guide on how to flash and use a A8N SLI Premium BIOS on your boards. With the Premium BIOS, it lets you adjust the HTT, Chipset, and CPU voltages. Looks very promising. I am planning on giving it a shot her in a few days when I get my Asus board.

ASUS A8N-SLI Bios Mod

Last edited:
Yup. I did this flash when i had the A8N-SLI Deluxe. Flashed with the modded "Premium" bios and she was good to go. Here are the pros and cons of this tho:

Pros: You flash the attached bios using an unlocking/forcing method. It does work as I can confirm it. You get the Premium bios features not found in the Deluxe. I was able to oc better b/c of the added features and it works great!

Cons: Once you flash this bios you cannot flash back to the older bios, nor can you flash to the official A8N-SLI Deluxe bios or revert back to original bios you had. I tried several times and it would refuse to let me flash back even with the forced command. So after doing this mod i was stuck with the modded bios permantly.

So with that being said, this mod does have it's pluses and minuses. Be advised tho: YOU FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK!

:D

Well I got my hands on a A8N SLI- SE last night and flashed it to a Premium. Well at first, it looked like the flash had gone bad because it restarted with a "WARNING- CMOS corrupt!" error and prompted me to place the BIOS CD in, which I had no clue what the BIOS CD was... Then it dawned on me- the Driver CD! I popped it in and rebooted. The awdflash program loaded up and proceeded to "correct" the BIOS by flashing it.. Upon rebooting, I saw the Asus A8N SLI Premium logo :D Kind of a weird thing to happen, but hey, the board isn't dead! One thing though.. After it says "Press any key to boot from CD..." It freezes and just sits there... any ideas on that?

Dang you're lucky the board is still alive! lol. Hmm, maybe 2 things with the " " It freezes and just sits there" problem.

1) Could be the rom: Dirty lens or it's just dying
2) IDE cable to the rom.

Evry time I had that particular problem it was 1 or the other. Once i swapped the rom to another rom it was fine. Same thing with the IDE cable.

Now I was going to suggest to flash back to the original A8N SLI- SE bios, but I'd doubt you'll want to take another chance at fate.

lol dang My luck ran out I guess... I'm sitting here with an apparently dead mobo now. I feel asleep during a windows install, which BSOD'd on me. I woke up I guess about 3 hours later, rebooted the pc to set some things back to stock in the BIOS and the board re-booted and just sat there... very weird. Now when I power it up, the video card fan starts spinning up, the fans spin and everything, but the RAM slots look like they're not initializing. How in the world does it go from just fine (albeit a BSOD) to not even posting? There no way a BSOD could have killed it, could it? What in the world...

Back