• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Foxconn A74ML-K 3.0 - Advanced Core Cal.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

F6-

Registered
Hello, my name is Caleb, I am 15, and I want to be a nerd like you guys. I built my own rig, and I love gaming. :)

I have a A74ML-K 3.0 motherboard, and I was wondering if I could open a core of my overclocked sempron, to make it an athlon? Do you think I could do this? There is no option for it in the bios, is there a bios mod for it?

Thanks guys, S!

Welcome to Overclockers Forum, Caleb!

Your motherboard has a 710 SB chip which, technically speaking has the capability to provide core unlocking functions. However, I downloaded your manual from Foxconn and it does not show the necessary bios features to allow you to take advantage of the 710 SB's core unlocking ability.

Sorry, I know you are disappointed! In the future, if you plan on unlocking cores check out the manual online before you buy the board. There are some boards in that same price range that will do what you want.

Is it possible to mod a bios so it can take advantage of this chip?

PS, how do I get this into my sig:
AMD Sargas 140 AM3 - OC: 3.8 GHz
GeIL 2x 2GB DDR3 RAM DUAL Chan.
NVIDIA GT 430 1GB OC/TF @ 800MHz
WD Caviar Blue 160GB SATA: 3GHz/s

Last edited:
I've heard of people modding bioses but that's way beyond my level of expertise. If you can do that you already are much more of a geek than I am.

Realistically, your best hope if you keep that board is for Foxconn to issue an updated bios that includes the core unlocking feature. Do you have the latest bios installed? I wouldn't hold your breath, however. Bios updates seldom include major feature changes. They usually fix bugs or expand the CPU ID data base so the board can correctly identify processors that have come out since the board was first produced.

If I were you I'd start saving my nickels and dimes for a new board.

PS, how do I get this into my sig:
AMD Sargas 140 AM3 - OC: 3.8 GHz
GeIL 2x 2GB DDR3 RAM DUAL Chan.
NVIDIA GT 430 1GB OC/TF @ 800MHz
WD Caviar Blue 160GB SATA: 3GHz/s
You can update your sig by using the "quick links" drop-down on the right side of the gray stripe near the top of the page. Click that then find "Edit Signature". :)

The A74ML-K has a sb700 southbridge chip, the ACC (advanced clock calibration) feature that you need to be able to unlock cores is found on motherboards with a sb710 or higher southbridge chip.

Back