• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Freezer 7 pro on a Socket 1156

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
well the hole spaceing is different from LGA775 to LGA1156. coolers like the CM TX3 that came with my i7 860(newegg deal) has holes for LGA775,LGA1136,LGA1156.

Not like you would want to use an AC7 on socket 1156, now would you? :p

i have read a few people bent the tabs up a bit to get LGA775 pin to fit in LGA1156. might be something to try since you got the cooler or just use the intel cooler for a bit.

Modify Freezer 7 Pro Rev 1 bracket for Socket 1156

I know this is an old thread, but I was looking for a solution, so others may find this helpful. In order to add new life to my BioStar T55 HD Socket 1156 MB, I purchased a Xeon X3450 (I7-equivalent quad-core with HT) on EBay for $49 and modified a Freezer 7 Pro Rev 1 to fit. The mod was simple with a Dremel. Carefully remove the plastic clips. Using a Dremel/grinding point, I elongated the holes in the mounting bracket (extending them out toward the ends). I reinserted the plastic clips (which now had some wiggle-room). It now fits perfectly.

Last edited:
Back