• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Freezer 7 upgrade, need similar size

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cobblepot

Registered
Evening,

I'm looking to upgrade my Freezer 7 which is around 12cm in height & i have a gap of around 1cm left (big case fan) I got a freezer 13 heatsink when i bought my CPU & that's just too big, this is around 16cm in height.

So looking for something better then my Freezer 7 around the 12cm mark for around £30 (around $50?)

I currently have the original Freezer 7, would i be worth getting the rev.2?

Last edited:
Maybe you want to get the Corsair H60. That goes right into your rear 120mm fan exhaust so compatibility should be very good. It also doesn't interfere with the RAM one bit.

Maybe you want to get the Corsair H60. That goes right into your rear 120mm fan exhaust so compatibility should be very good. It also doesn't interfere with the RAM one bit.

Thank you, a bit pricey for what i'm after.

I think i'll try the Freezer 7 rev 2 as there's a few in local stores.

The Scythe Katana 3, Cooler Master TX-3, Xigmatek Loki, or Zalman CNPS7X outperform the Freezer 7 Pro.
The Loki may be the best performer of the 92 mm fan coolers.
The Freezer 7 PRO Rev 2 comes in the "better than stock" category without any great distinction.

The Scythe Katana 3, Cooler Master TX-3, Xigmatek Loki, or Zalman CNPS7X outperform the Freezer 7 Pro.
The Loki may be the best performer of the 92 mm fan coolers.
The Freezer 7 PRO Rev 2 comes in the "better than stock" category without any great distinction.

Thank you,

I think the Loki is what i may have (120mm version) so a shame this one doesn't fit as the shear size of it dwarfs my 90mm Freezer 7.

I'm guessing price isn't an issue with the 90mm fans as the 90mm Loki seems like a bargain?

Reviews look good.

Cheers.

Last edited:
I don't think you'll gain much by switching to another air cooler in that same size class. The one you have is about as good as any in the 92 mm fan-based class. Any improvement with another cooler in that size class will be negligible. You'll either have to move up to a wider case or to water cooling. To move up to the 120 mm fan-base air cooler you'll need a case of 203 mm or wider measured from outside of right side panel to outside of left side panel.

I don't think you'll gain much by switching to another air cooler in that same size class. The one you have is about as good as any in the 92 mm fan-based class. Any improvement with another cooler in that size class will be negligible. You'll either have to move up to a wider case or to water cooling. To move up to the 120 mm fan-base air cooler you'll need a case of 203 mm or wider measured from outside of right side panel to outside of left side panel.

It's my case fan that's taking up the space, 120cm which is about 3cm in depth! I think i'll get a Freezer 7 then, there in my local stores so no waiting time. And as said, i have the original & i've read the rev.2 is slightly better.

A few reasons for replacing including the annoying installation, gotta take off the motherboard. Much rather these newer designs.

:thup:

Back