• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Frequent crashes while gaming, need help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeah I ran the five minute test, but that's all I could do

Which version are you running? You should be able to run it on loop which just keeps it going.

I'm assuming that you've already run some CPU stress tests and eliminated the CPU as the cause of the instability.

Next up is Memtest.

Which version are you running? You should be able to run it on loop which just keeps it going.

I'm assuming that you've already run some CPU stress tests and eliminated the CPU as the cause of the instability.

Next up is Memtest.

Quoted SMOKEU and brightened up for your multimedia experience.

And run it for a day.

Is there a way to use memtest without a disc? I've tried using my flash drive but it doesn't work.

Is there a way to use memtest without a disc? I've tried using my flash drive but it doesn't work.

I'm not sure. Do you have a CD burner? If you do, then just burn a bootable disc. Windows 7 onwards (maybe even Vista) has the option to burn a bootable disc from an ISO without having to install any additional software.

Boot into Memtest, and leave it to do its own thing.

Shade of grey with vertical white lines sounds much like a vRam instability.

Shade of grey with vertical white lines sounds much like a vRam instability.

Same exact thing I thought. Rest of the guys are following a checklist :)

Run PC and physically touch stuff is what I would do. Like video card hot spots. Back of gpu (hot or insanely hot?), back of VRMs (since most are covered. insanely hot?) then touch memory IS video card memory hot? If not run a large sized GPU test. Not sure what the latest is. Furmark is coded to run down in video bios so no longer good test. Display corruption is 99% of the time GPU related.

Would Memtest+86 test vRAM as well?

No

Run PC and physically touch stuff is what I would do. Like video card hot spots. Back of gpu (hot or insanely hot?), back of VRMs (since most are covered. insanely hot?) then touch memory IS video card memory hot?

Don't forget to mention anti static procedures like touching an unpainted metal part of the case.

Ran Deus X for about ten minutes until it crashed. The GPU was definitely warm, but 49 C is pretty warm. And it was about that temp everywhere on the card. Is there a specific place I should be looking?

And it may have been my imagination, but it seemed like the GPU got just a little bit hotter when it crashed. I actually noticed the heat first then looked over to find the game crashed.

What does Heaven say your GPU temperature is after you've been running it for 5-10 minutes?

GPU gets to its max temp around 59 or 60 C within a couple minutes of running Heaven

I was running Heaven on extreme and watching a youtube video and it froze. The vertical lines and everything. Is this some sort of progress?

Put another video card in there to see what happens, or put your card in another computer to test it.

Back