• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fried Motherboard?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nineteen

Registered
I recently tried ocing my 1100t to 3.8, and was running prime when about 20 minutes into it, i heard a cracking sound, and smelled what seemed like burning plastic. After that, the computer restarted. I realized I had an unstable OC so I went back to the bios and returned everything to the stock settings to start over. After that, my computer wont load up windows. I get through the mobo startup page, then get to the error page where I select it to start windows normally, then the "starting windows" screen opens up, then it just restarts. I don't know what the problem really is. Is my mobo fried? or is my psu?

Any ideas/help?

One thing to do is see if you can find any scorch marks on the motherboard. Any idea what the temps were when you were running prime?

after opening up my case i found that my mosfets burnt out. looks like i set up bad cpu voltages. i guess i need a new mobo. will i need a cpu too? or will my old one work fine?

Back