• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FSB Help: Crosshair V Formula

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Those are the sticks... The ones from your post at the HWBot Nov Competition thread.

attachment.php

2000Mhz - 7-9-7

so this may sound like a dumb question, but does it look like a ram issue to you guys?

there is more instability with tighter timings, and more instability with higher dividers... but all of the settings I tested are well below the ratings for the ram, and well below what the ram can run with the FSB at 200.

I feel like the flares are gonna get here and I have the same or similar problems.

Sounds like ram or mem controller to me. Are you only running one stick of ram?

You should put the ram on lowest divider and the nb on the lowest and ht can be way slow too as far as I know (i have not done BD or thuban.)
After looking at your settings. did you try 2t? try the 1066 divider with the timings from 2400 speeds.

Sorry i was not around earlier. It seems we bench at opposite sides of the clock. I burned up all 50 liters and am therefore done benching for another month or so.

Last edited:
yup, only one stick for these purposes.

I have been on 2t the whole time, except where specifically noted above.

I tried the 2400 timings with the 1066 divider above, but that was 1t instead of 2t. I will try 2t with those settings, 2t is what I use anytime I do cpuz.

I also put everything on lowest the other day, except ram divider was on 1066 instead of 800... I will try that.

sorry I missed your session, maybe next time text me - I had wanted to be sure I caught it, but somehow I missed it.

aside from above, I am going to take another run at Max frequency with the 800 ram divider. I think I might beat 8.123ghz that way.

If the lowest memory divider works then try that. It doesn't seem like memory should be holding you back that bad, but I would slow it down as much as you can, just to be sure.

Highest FSB was still between 260-265, tried 800 divider with 2T and the 2400 timings.

I also put 3 liters of LN2 on it tonight, enough to pull down the pot and take about 10 reboots for max valid. Tried a few different things with 31x and 31.5x - could be some potential there, but I'll need to freeze it a bit more and spend more time with a gentle hand.

I'm going to sit tight until Hokie's sticks get here, then see where I stand. Right now I'm just grinding for the last few mhz, and I've got about 25 liters left or so before I need my next fill so at this point I might as well hold off and see if those sticks make any difference.

I appreciate all the input.

I.M.O.G. I just saw your ram timings on the other page and the TRFC set @ 110ns seems a bit to short to me, try setting it @ 160ns and see if it helps any !
P.S. Good Luck! :)

FYI, I figured out the problem:
http://hwbot.org/submission/2225833

The fix was this: Configure 250FSB in bios, boot, then increase the FSB in windows from there. That got me to 290FSB+. All the other settings were pretty much the same, but it just didn't like me going from 200 to above 260FSB within windows.

Thanks for all the help. :salute:

Back