• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FSB overclocking tips ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So to answer your question: I don't know, that's what experimenting is for. Every chip behaves differently :)
That's the joy of overclocking!

Oh yeah, you said it man! :attn:

I'm sure every board & cpu combo has its 'quirks'. From my own experience with the system in my signature, this system feels and runs so much smoother in games when BCLK+NB+HTT are running in synchronicity.

CMY16GX3M2A1866C9R - 9-10-9-27 2T 1866Mhz 1.5V - forgot to check if it was AMD compatible when i got these, was making trouble for my old Crosshair V and never noticed :bang head

CMY16GX3M2A1866C9R - 9-10-9-27 2T 1866Mhz 1.5V - forgot to check if it was AMD compatible when i got these, was making trouble for my old Crosshair V and never noticed :bang head
That's weird as I have the 8Gb kit going right now at 9-10-9-27-48 2T 2060Mhz @ 1.6 volts.

I set all the secondary timings as per SPD data... All I did was bump the RAM voltage.
Although, 4 sticks or RAM ALWAYS is harder to overclock than 2 sticks.

2x8gb, running at ~1950mhz 9-10-9-27 2T 1.55v atm ;) from what ive read about these its about the max you can get with default timings YMMV. For 2133mhz you have to bump it to around cl11.

Last edited:
Back