• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help overclocking r5 2600

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tomlintm

my question i have a custom loop of 1 240 or 280 cant remember rad at the top and 1 360 rad at the front just for the cpu b/c no one makes a water block for my gpu and i had the same setup cooling a fx8350 lol but hey i love my upgraded cpu so i was curious if i keep my temps at bay will the voltages still kill it in the long run i been wondering about this for a while and desided to ask what ppl have to say about it.

i didnt win the lottery by no means on this cpu b/c i cant even hit 4.1ghz with out going up to or even over 1.5v i can do [email protected] which was the same voltage i used on my [email protected] but im sure that doesnt really matter any ways and is the cpu even worth overclocking when it comes to games

AMD indicates the safe 24/7 core voltage for that CPU family is 1.35.

Prolonged high vcore, even when temps are well-controlled will accelerate the degradation of a CPU. Since the maximum boost speed is 3900 mhz you can expect to reach a maximum overclock of all cores on safe voltage at about that frequency or a little less. This is typical of Ryzens.

If it were me, I would set the vcore at 1.35 and see how much overclock on all cores I could achieve with that.

AMD indicates the safe 24/7 core voltage for that CPU family is 1.35.

Prolonged high vcore, even when temps are well-controlled will accelerate the degradation of a CPU. Since the maximum boost speed is 3900 mhz you can expect to reach a maximum overclock of all cores on safe voltage at about that frequency or a little less. This is typical of Ryzens.

If it were me, I would set the vcore at 1.35 and see how much overclock on all cores I could achieve with that.

is it worth it tho in video games tho

I'm not sure how much difference that slight OC would make TBH. I am curious as to how you're testing the CPU and what you are monitoring with.

I'm not sure how much difference that slight OC would make TBH. I am curious as to how you're testing the CPU and what you are monitoring with.
ibx avi and i use hwinfo 64 and cinabenech r20 and r15

I have used IBT AVX in the past but I think it's a bit over the top. You have to remember that IBT really hammers the memory so it might not be the CPU speed but a memory thing.
I usually use P95 small FFT for core and AIDA64 for the memory, then I'll run blend with Unigine Heaven running to stress the system this might let you speed things up a bit more.

is it worth it tho in video games tho

It may not be since many games thrive on a few cores running at high frequency rather than many cores running at a lower frequency. You would just have to try it both ways. Sure, Cinebench will likely do better with many cores at a lower speed rather than stock using turbo but will games?

Why do you want slight overclock. If you want to overclock, do it full out.
But, keep in mind that the silicon degrades faster when overclocked.
So keep that in mind.

If you keep the temp in control while overclocking then you would reduce the risk of degradation of the processor.
Use aftercoolers to achieve that.

Back