• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Full out system freeze (Needs to be manually restarted to fix)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fire99966

I've been having this system crash problem about a year after I got this pc (Ive had this problem for about 2 years). Basically I start play a very high CPU usage game and my system just fully crashes on me, the screen freezes and the only way I can resolve this issue is to manually restart my computer. Here are some logs that Ive found, however Im not exactly sure if these are the right logs to be viewing.

"Faulting application HP Connections.exe, version 6.3.2.139, time stamp 0x44911862, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x00000000, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x00000000, process id 0xfd4, application start time 0x01cd8fc749d767ff."
2h538dj.jpg

Im not exactly sure how to get a full list of my computer specs but here are some basics:

r07cc1.jpg

If there's other info that is required, ill do my best to look for them.

Last edited:
Highlight 'System' under Windows Logs, and post any critical errors as you did above. The first thing you'll want to do, regardless of any logged errors, is boot to Memtest86+ installed to a thumb drive and check the RAM for errors.

Hey thanks for your response.

Ive examined the system logs and found a pattern of these errors that occur right in the time period where my system crashes. Not quite sure if it's related but Im not exactly sure.

acsdno.jpg
eg9xe8.jpg
Edit: Ive reviewed the first two images again, Im pretty sure these wernt related to the crash but it was just errors on startup. The image to the bottom would be the crash error. Resulting in a manual restart of my computer.
jhgfwy.jpg

Last edited:
Back