• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Funny NEWEGG reviews

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
This whole thread is f'in hilarious.

I'm gonna have to pay more attention to the reviews from now on.

I usualy get my advice from here, but with such humour on NewEgg that might change. :)

Canned Air
Mike
Tech Level: high
Ownership: 1 week to 1 month
This user purchased this item from Newegg.com 12/5/2007 9:30:25 PM Now THIS is air!

Pros: WOW! This air is just AMAZING! I never knew air could be so good! If you want air, this is for you! Unless you need oxygen, then go to a medical supply site.

Cons: Kept my fish alive only for ten minutes. Not a good replacement for an air pump.

Other Thoughts: I'm too much in awe of this excellent air to think right now.

Last edited:
Here is a smart guy....

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820211188

Pros: GREAT PRICE FOR A GOOD BRAND OF MEMORY

Cons: IF YOU ARE RUNING VISTA 64 BIT MEMORY YOU CAN NOT COMBIME WITH THIS MEMORY SINCE THIS MEMORY BRAND SUPPURTS ONLY 32-BIT BOARDS AND IT INSTALLED IT WIL BE RECOGNIZED ONLY AS 3 GB INSTEAD OF 4GB MAKE SURE YOU CHECK YOUR SYSTEM BEFORE YOU BUY*

Other Thoughts: WORKS GREAT ON MY NEW COMPUTER ALTOUGH IT DOES NOT SUPPORT 64BIT SYSTEMS

And something similar: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...haseMark=&VideoOnlyMark=False&Keywords=&Page=
Pros: This is the easiest way to upgrade your notebook PC, Vista is a memory hog, more memory equals better performance.

Cons: none

Other Thoughts: Its far cheaper to upgrade memory yourself; when you order a new PC. Vista 32bit, recognizes 4 gigs of memory, XP 32bit does not.

Tech level is of course high. He's right about the ram price, half right about the easiest to install for performance (I've had several IBM laptops where all you had to do was unscrew 4 screws and pop off the keyboard to replace the cpu) but...well, you figure out the rest.

And something similar: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...haseMark=&VideoOnlyMark=False&Keywords=&Page=
Pros: This is the easiest way to upgrade your notebook PC, Vista is a memory hog, more memory equals better performance.

Cons: none

Other Thoughts: Its far cheaper to upgrade memory yourself; when you order a new PC. Vista 32bit, recognizes 4 gigs of memory, XP 32bit does not.

Tech level is of course high. He's right about the ram price, half right about the easiest to install for performance (I've had several IBM laptops where all you had to do was unscrew 4 screws and pop off the keyboard to replace the cpu) but...well, you figure out the rest.

If you're pointing out how Vista 32bit detects 4gigs of RAM on that review as the punch line, actually the person is right. With Vista SP1, 32bit can now fully detect 4gigs of RAM, so as long as the motherboard can support that amount or RAM.

If you're pointing out how Vista 32bit detects 4gigs of RAM on that review as the punch line, actually the person is right. With Vista SP1, 32bit can now fully detect 4gigs of RAM, so as long as the motherboard can support that amount or RAM.

Seriously? Wow I'm a dumbass.

It only reports 4GB of ram. It still falls under the same rule as XP 32bit. 32bit Vista and 32bit XP can only register up to 4GB of RAM, this includes ram for gfx cards and any reserved for the PCI bus. The only thing that I can picture Microsoft doing this for is to stop people from complaining who don't understand how physical memory is addressed. I can only imagine how many people have called Microsoft and complained that Vista didn't "see" all of the ram they had in their system.....thank god I'm not on Microsoft's support team.

One review on WD 640GB hard drive has this as con:

Cons: No picture of hot girl on the drive like on some video cards. No free software on it either. Takes forever to format it the first time.

Never thought about hot girl picture on a HD.

Here's a review for the SCEPTRE X24WG-1080P Black 24"
DrTune said:
Pros: >dude I got me a 1920x1200 monitor >it doesn't suck >$400 or so >you could sleep two small babies on it >maybe three >5 if they were premature quins >around thirty baby kittens would easily fit if snuggled up tight. >it's awesome. > No dead pixels, no flaws or cracks, no baby kittens.
Cons: Don't have fifty kittens to prove conjecture. (However pictures of such kittens found on internet look just awesome) The stand doesn't swivel or do anything cool at all apart from, well.. stand. Not fallen over yet though, so good job that stand.

It only reports 4GB of ram. It still falls under the same rule as XP 32bit. 32bit Vista and 32bit XP can only register up to 4GB of RAM, this includes ram for gfx cards and any reserved for the PCI bus. The only thing that I can picture Microsoft doing this for is to stop people from complaining who don't understand how physical memory is addressed. I can only imagine how many people have called Microsoft and complained that Vista didn't "see" all of the ram they had in their system.....thank god I'm not on Microsoft's support team.

I don't know about that. All I know is that before SP1 and SP3(XP), you needed to do a registry tweak/mod to 'extend' the PAE thingymajig.

haha i love these reviews here are some other good ones about cisco products :)

Pros: None really that I can think of.

Cons: Very archaic user interface. Apparently command line is all the rage these days. :( This router is nothing but an overpriced toy for command line fanboys. The VPN setup is a joke, and good luck with the rule sets. Extremely difficult to setup more than a basic gateway. Not to mention the probs I have had with the wireless. Tossed into the cable bin after a month of mucking around with it.

Other Thoughts: For those of you with the time and money, go ahead and spend both learning how to set this thing up. Me, I got better things to do with both.

shocker! or even better

Pros: Makes a nice paper weight

Cons: Expensive, worthless, limited capabilities/support without spending hundreds

Other Thoughts: Buy A linux router for 200 less and Use third party firmware

LOL i love it ;) damm youngins wanting a fully capable GUI on a cisco product? HAH!!!

Mike
Tech Level: high
Ownership: 1 week to 1 month
This user purchased this item from Newegg.com 12/5/2007 9:30:25 PM Now THIS is air!

Pros: WOW! This air is just AMAZING! I never knew air could be so good! If you want air, this is for you! Unless you need oxygen, then go to a medical supply site.

Cons: Kept my fish alive only for ten minutes. Not a good replacement for an air pump.

Other Thoughts: I'm too much in awe of this excellent air to think right now.

LOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the funniest thread I have ever come across here on OCF :)

I actually was laughing out loud hysterically at work and people were looking at me funny hehehe.

I think this is obviously the only purpose for Newegg reviews.....to provide humor to people who actually do have a higher than average tech level.....because.....obviously these and MOST of the newegg reviews should be taken with a grain of salt regarding legitimate or useful information.

GREAT THREAD! Subbed and I hope I see alot more.

Im going to start scanning reviews to see if I come across any funny ones.

Im not sure if the funniest ones are the obvious gag ones (overclocked my sata cable/etc...) or the legitimately ignorant people who post their tech level as high with 15+ years of computer building experience and then post some REALLY way off base info.

Either way I love it :D

Thanks for the laughs!!!!

Back