• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Funny NEWEGG reviews

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Needs to be shipped double boxed

write.gif Reviewed By: psxnitro on 6/24/2008 goldegg.gif goldegg.gif goldegg.gif goldegg.gif whiteegg.gif n1_tech.gif Tech Level: average - Ownership: 1 day to 1 weekThis user purchased this item from Newegg.com Pros: LCD screen replaceable batteries 8 outlets (4 battery powered) 13% load with a Full Tower PC with 700w PSU, 5 SATA HDD(1.41TB), AIW x800 vid card, AMD Athlon 64 3000+ CPU, 19"" Monitor, Cable Modem, and Router Connected.

Cons: No Serial COM cable included (must be ordered separately) Ships in retail box (see below) Included software will only work if the unit is connected through USB URL for setting up the unit through serial COM port is outdated, look here for the settings http://www.cyberpowersystems.com/support/faqs/faq_CPAVRLCD.html

Other Thoughts:
Box arrived like it was thrown off a plane, I have never seen a box as damaged as this come to my doorsteps in all my years of purchasing online. Even the styrofoam inside the box was in pieces. Luckily the unit arrived intact and functional. I would've expected newegg to have shipped this in a big brown box with tons of cushioning after all the reviews mentioning damaged retail packaging.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16842102048

here is one from the x1650 that was posted on Slickdeals this morning

Good card for little cheese

Reviewed By: Stone_age on 7/10/2008
Rating + 5Rating + 5Rating + 5Rating + 5Rating + 5
Tech Level: high - Ownership: 1 day to 1 week
This user purchased this item from Newegg.com

Pros: Does everything I ask it to. I'm not a gamer, but I do play some older games that don't require DX10, and a $500 card. Fills the bill nicely.
Cons: None
Other Thoughts: Hmmm, I don't think that was meat in that burrito.

BossBorot posted probably the funniest review ever, I truly 'lol'd' fof a few minutes. But here's some more Powmax goodness:

DOA

Pros: Very good price for the wattage.

Cons: I noticed something rattling inside the PSU when I first took it out of the box and upon turning it on it's side a piece of what looked like a small capacitor fell out and when I installed it in my computer it made a loud pop with a bright flash out of the back of the thing immediately upon pushing the power button. Needless to say the computer never turned on and I took the PSU right out and put it back in it's packaging for RMA.

Other Thoughts: You get what you pay for.

The guy installed it after a capacitor fell out?? someone needs a new hobby...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817163075

Pros: It works.

Cons: A few issues. The outer casing is very nice looking but when you slap a huge unattractive ""features"" sticker on the side that is visible through the case side panel it somewhat defeats the purpose of having a gold power supply. And it is VERY gold. I ended up taking the PSU apart and flipping the sticker side to the non-visible end of my case. Also while having it apart there was some floating plastic pieces inside. Last but not least the gold paint job is deceiving in the newegg pictures, it is much more gold than it looks, which isn't a bad thing but it is VERY easy to notice imperfections in the paint job. A small scratch will be the first thing your eyes gravitate to when viewing the unit.

It's certainly a Pro when you BUY SOMETHING AND IT WORKS amirite?!? I guess that is a Pro with Powmax though! More floating pieces, and wow, does he ever go on about the gold paintjob..

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817163012

Note to self, unplug computer

Pros: Amazing, I was able to run 2 EIDE HDDs a SATA HDD, two CD-ROM/DVD-ROM drives, and my mobo. Promised to be very long lasting.

Cons: It ran fine, perfectly fine, until I forgot the power button has to be held for 7 seconds until the computer powers off! I blew it up. (It seems all of the cons for my posts are my fault) otherwise, none with the actual product

Other Thoughts: Why is it always my fault that these things don't last long

Poor little guy thought it was his fault :( but nope! it's a Powmax!

Yep. Heard too many horror stories about their PC going POW when the PSU fails. :) Even if the brand name sounds like quality, it doesn't mean it;s decent quality at all.

Saw this one today....

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductReview.aspx?Item=N82E16819115042
very frusterated
Tech Level: high
Ownership: 1 week to 1 month
This user purchased this item from Newegg.com 7/22/2008 8:20:36 AM NOT GOOD

Pros: When works, very fast, highly overclockibly

Cons: DOES NOT OPERATE AT 2.66GHZ!!!! MINE RUNS AT 2GHZ. It's speed is far less than it was advertised to be, althought, admittidly, sometimes it runs at 2.66. When core temp is running, though, almost 80% of the time it shows my cpu clock at 2 ghz.

Crucial Ballistix 2GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
11rgdqg.jpg

Crucial Ballistix 4GB 240-Pin DDR2
ebapnr.jpg

Last edited:
This is probably someone who just clicked on the wrong product to right a review, but with some reviews on newegg, I'm not sure.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115036

The only 2 egg review:
Pros: Great service like usual with my order and shipment. Very happy..

Cons: No CD key with free game. Very disappointed..

Other Thoughts: I would have liked Newegg to clearly list that this was only a single player disc..

Think the board was really bad???

BTW, there isn't onboard video on this mobo.

<H3>Biostar NF520-A2 DOA
write.gif Reviewed By: lwizardl on 4/22/2008 goldegg.gif whiteegg.gif whiteegg.gif whiteegg.gif whiteegg.gif n1_tech.gif
Tech Level: somewhat high - Ownership: 1 week to 1 month This user purchased this item from Newegg.com
Pros: cheap price, no onboard video to dispable.
Cons: Arrived and wouldn't stay powering the display on. Refused to read any HDD.
Other Thoughts: my first Biostar motherboard and my last. I just purchased a replacement MSI board.
</H3>

Hahahahaha these reviews were too funny. I just came across this thread.

This has nothing to do with Newegg, but rather than making a new thread, Id like to share these with you guys:

Ebay Feedbacks:

POSITIVE: The way you wrote my zip-code makes me weak in the knees. Such smooth strokes. A+!

POSITIVE: Item shipped quickly, have been having erotic dreams about seller. Thanks!

NEGATIVE: Though you did nothing wrong, I am giving you this negative feedback to teach you that the universe is arbitrary and unfair.

These two were my favs:

NEUTRAL: Excellent communication, but should’ve poked holes in box before shipping the kitten. Refunded.

POSITIVE: A+++++. Items are exactly as described. Best case of kalashnikovs I’ve ever bought. Allah Akbar!

Pros: I bought this card to download the entire internet. I was told this was impossible, but have proven you all wrong. I have downloaded the entire internet.

Cons: Now you're gonna pay.

Other Thoughts: Now that I have the internet on my hard drive, I will be hosting it hostage. If you want your internet back safe, I demand to be sent $5,500, one penny more then I originally paid for the card itself. I think this profit justifies my actions and I hope to see some interest in the safety of your internet.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833106031

Amused, I decide to go on Newegg to see what I can find...

A front page item, I look at the Kingston 1GB MicroSD Flash Card w/2 Adapters...
each other make informed buying decisions. Learn more.

Reviewed By: dima on 8/14/2008
Rating + 5Rating + 5Rating + 5Rating + 5Rating + 5
Tech Level: high - Ownership: 1 week to 1 month
This user purchased this item from Newegg.com

Pros: this is an amazing product for the price. I also got a free laundry bag so it was super deal.
Cons: none
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820134479

Laundry bag??

I found this one funny lol

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16874105470
Halo 3 Xbox 360 Game Microsoft
Epic Fail. 1 out of 5 eggs

Reviewed By: Reaper on 8/5/2008
Rating + 1Rating + 1Rating + 1Rating + 1Rating + 1
Tech Level: high - Ownership: 1 month to 1 year

Pros: It's Halo. The Mongoose is somewhat fun to drive.

Cons: Halo 3: the most overhyped game of 2007. What can I say, but that it didn't even get CLOSE to living up to it's hype. The Campaign was utterly boring, easy, and short(Beaten in 6 hours on legendary, First-time playthrough), Multiplayer is HORRIBLE!(melee physics, to be specific. If one 1-ton fighting machine melees another 1-ton fighting machine, that second 1-ton fighting machine should at LEAST be able to fight back a little before dying! And when they do die, a 1-ton metal brick of a soldier should HIT THE DIRT right then and there! NOT Fly off 100 feet before doing so.) Another thing about multiplayer is all the 12-and-unders who have hence been dubbed ""Squeakers"". Parents, There is an ESRB Rating on games for a reason! You are making your children MORE defiant and mouthy, and MORE annoying!

Other Thoughts: Well, this has more to do with parent's poor decisions, but I saw something the other day that disgusted me. It was a picture. ""Happy 4th Birthday, <some kid's name>"" IT WAS A GTA: SAN ANDREAS BIRTHDAY CAKE. FOR A FOUR YEAR OLD. Is that wrong, or is that wrong?

idiot1in0.png

Tech level: High?
Idiot Level: Very High

Must revive thread.

AMD Phenom 8450 Toliman 2.1GHz 3 x 512KB L2 Cache 2MB L3 Cache Socket AM2+ 95W Triple-Core Processor - Retail

dvoy6e.jpg

Back