• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Future Folding Farm Hardware Info Thread (LGA2011)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks for the linkage DT. Long time no see....... Hope all is well with you and yours. :thup:

I was just checking your stats and you've been busy :comp: WTF!!

foldon.gif

Sandy Bridge-E C2 stepping

We knew that Intel's Sandy Bridge-E chips were big and complicated to make, but what we didn't expect was that Intel was going to continuously keep running into problems. The current C1 stepping is apparently having problems with VT-d, not a major issue for most consumers' maybe, but it's a huge problem when it comes to Xeon chips and as such Intel is working on the C2 stepping to fix this "errata".

Read more: http://vr-zone.com/articles/sandy-b...tepping-after-launch/13677.html#ixzz1ZixS7eX7

EVGA X79 Classified E779 Motherboard Pictured

We were told by EVGA that they would be launching three Intel X79 boards when the LGA2011 socket launches. They told us that all three of the boards would be made available when Intel launches the platform. This is big for EVGA as they were late to market with both the Intel P67 and Intel Z68 platforms. EVGA is looking at this launch as a fresh start for the motherboard team. The three boards that are going to be available at launch are:

EVGA x79 SLI - E775
EVGA X79 FTW - E777
EVGA X79 Classified - E779

The motherboard that was shown at NVIDIA's GeForce LAN 6 was the flagship board, the EVGA X79 Classified (part number E779).

side.jpg

io-panel.jpg

power-button.jpg

More

Why the initial desktop Sandy Bridge-E chips has only six cores enabled?

SNB_E_oc.jpeg

There was disappointment in some of the enthusiasts' circles that the initial round of desktop Socket 2011 Sandy Bridge E processors have one quarter of their cores and cache disabled. So, instead of 8 cores with 20 MB L3 cache, you get just 6 cores with 15 MB L3 enabled. The reasons mentioned, better to say speculated, along the way, were anything from the yields on this large die, or Intel's preference to sell full 8 core versions to the more lucrative workstation and server Xeon market, or even the fact that desktop apps or environments can still barely use even those 6 cores, not to mention a full set of eight.

Read more: http://vr-zone.com/articles/why-the...eight-cores-enabled-/13748.html#ixzz1b9dabGXv

EVGA X79 Classified - E779
I gotta say - I'm pretty disappointed in the new Classy. Seems very meh to me. You'd think that on an XL-ATX form factor, they'd be able to fit in eight dimm slots, more SATA connectors and just an overall better-looking board. I mean the stock cooling appears downright insufficient for the type of enthusiasts who would spring for a Classy board. Pity.

Gigabyte has posted some pics of there production (i assume) G1.Assassin 2 motherboard on their facebook page........

g1_assasin_2_1.jpg.jpeg

g1_assasin_2_2.jpg.jpeg

Gigabyte getting funky with their cooling :p

MSI X79A-GD65 (Intel X79) Motherboard Preview

motherboard_preview.jpg.jpg

As we draw closer to the November launch of the Sandy Bridge-E platform, we get the chance to check out some of the new motherboards that are due to coincide with the launch. Due to NDA, we can't get too specific on CPUs, nor can we talk about anything performance related. We seem to have the ability to tell you a fair bit about the board, though.

Read more: Here

ASUS Intel X79 Motherboards

Meet the Rampage IV Extreme, the flagship offering of the ASUS X79 lineup.....

Asus.jpeg

In the first of a three part Asus X79 Motherboard series, we introduce to our readers the flagship ASUS Republic of Gamers Rampage IV Extreme. Built and tuned by a world-class team of perfectionist engineers and megahertz thirsty overclockers from the ROG team, this new Rampage could turn out to be one of the all-time greats in the history of enthusiast tech.

Read more: http://vr-zone.com/articles/first-l...9--hardcore-is-back-/13795.html#ixzz1btXOLLlW

P9X79-DELUXE.jpg

Sabertooth-X79.jpg

Source

Sabertooth X79

A closer look at the ASUS Sabertooth X79. The latest TUF-Series motherboard Here

ECS X79R-AX Black Extreme

ECS.jpg

ECS-2.jpg

ECS (Elitegroup Computer Systems) is a Taiwanese electronics firm synonymous with entry level offerings or being the motherboard OEM for brands like HP and IBM. In our labs today is their latest offering – the X79R-AX Black Extreme. Boasting a whopping 12 SATA ports, dual LAN/eSATA, Bluetooth/Wireless LAN connectivity and four PCIe x16 slots for multi-GPU extravagance, we see if it has what it takes to be the X79 motherboard of choice.

Read more: http://vr-zone.com/articles/first-l...illed-x79-dark-horse/13832.html#ixzz1cGhENRAE

Sandy Bridge-E and X79 available for (pre-)order

With just over two weeks to the launch, Intel's Sandy Bridge-E processors are starting to appear in listings with online retailers around the globe. What's even more interesting is that you can pick up X79 boards – at least in some countries – today, with several models being available for pre-order, including Intel's own two models.

Read more: http://vr-zone.com/articles/sandy-bridge-e-and-x79-available-for-pre-order/13837.html#ixzz1cMiKaFvI

ASRock shows off four X79 motherboards

X79 Extreme9.jpg

Hear that rumbling in the distance? That's the sound of Intel's upcoming Sandy Bridge-E processor, whose impending arrival has motherboard makers eager to show off their X79 wares. In the wee hours of this morning, an email hit my inbox with a stack of pictures detailing ASRock's upcoming X79 mobos. We don't have a list of specficiations or features to go along with the gallery, but we do have some high-res shots of no fewer than four different models. Let's start with the X79 Extreme9, which looks to be the most exotic of the quartet:

Source

Foxconn unveils the Quantumian 1 X79 motherboard

foxconn.jpg

We originally posted about the Quantumian 1 on Sept 13th....Today Tech Connect has this to say:

As expected (given the leaks in May), Foxconn too has pledged its support for the Sandy Bridge E (LGA2011) platform and announced a motherboard powered by the X79 chipset. This board is called Quantumian 1, is part of the Quantum Force series, and targets enthusiasts and gamers alike.

Foxconn's creation comes with a black/red color scheme, is passively-cooled, and features a 14-phase Hybrid PWM design, four DDR3-2400+ memory slots, four SATA 6.0 Gbps and four SATA 3.0 Gbps ports, and four PCI-Express x16 slots supporting SLI or CrossFireX setups.

The Quantumian 1 also packs dual Gigabit Ethernet, two USB 3.0 and two eSATA ports, a debut LED, two BIOSes, 7.1 channel audio, a OC button, as well as Power, Reset and Clear CMOS buttons. No word yet on the motherboard's price tag.

From Here

Biostar TPower X79

TPower_X79_1.jpeg

TPower_X79_2.jpeg

There seems to be no end to the X79 motherboards that are being shown off ahead of the official launch which is now less than two weeks away and pictures of Biostar's upcoming X79 board which will be called the TPower X79 has now made their way online. We don't have tons of details on this board and have to simply go with what we can deduct from the pictures, so sadly this won't be the most detailed look at the board

Read more: http://vr-zone.com/articles/biostar-s-tpower-x79-smiles-for-the-camera/13855.html#ixzz1ceWIcY6s

Thinking i will give this board a go.........I ran Biostar TPower X58's for a couple of years 100% load 24/7 without issue. :thup:

Thinking i will give this board a go.........I ran Biostar TPower X58's for a couple of years 100% load 24/7 without issue. :thup:

A lot of the boards that were for years thought to be low quality(Asrock, Biostar, Foxconn...) are putting up some really nice 'enthusiast grade' motherboards these days.

Foxconn, maybe not-so-much. :rolleyes:

Asrock is certainly trying to go up market.....

I'm looking forward to trying out the TPower X79. Unfortunately, i just got word it won't be released until December..........Booooo....... Anything can happen before that time. ;)

Found some more pics on Pt1t's site

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

Back