• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX 4100 3600MHz to 5250MHz ..wtf?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
:drool:

When I set up in CCC CPU speed to for example 800-1800Mhz I can see in that advanced "power options" menu CPU speed as min - 0% and maximum - 60%:sly:. When I set up CCC as 1800Mhz-2300Mhz the W7 power options menu shows minimum as 60% and maximum as 76%... :thup:

So changes in CCC affect Windows settings. Is AMD FUEL still bugged in CCC 12.8?:screwy: I've never had any crash/restart because of that... I'm adjusting it in many different ways for gaming and never crashed:chair:... One time even I forgot to change CPU from 800-800Mhz and launched Max Payne 3:facepalm:... It was soo lagging :rofl:

But if You say - it's bugged and cause crash - it's dangerous for "PC Health"... So how to turn off the AMD FUEL in CCC?:confused: After that I can handle Windows 7 power options and adjust them...

Respects:salute:
Leito

:drool:
.... Is AMD FUEL still bugged in CCC 12.8?:screwy: I've never had any crash/restart because of that...
Leito

I had troubles with it and I am using Cat 12.8 drivers. go figure. It never crashed my computer, only the service. Services will restart when they crash... you have to look in the Event Viewer applet and check your logs. If you've never done it be prepared to find out just how bad things are on your computer. Windows seems to be always teetering on the edge of total meltdown.

It's easy to disable fuel... open the Services computer management console, find the AMD Fuel service and stop it, then set it to DISABLED. Reboot... you'll see that you can not control the processor speed in CCC anymore. But you still can in the Power Options applet.

Last edited:
Rgone not to hijack this thread, but can fuel service be disable under services in mscofig , i have the power plan set to high performace. i have looked all over for an answer and did a search here n with goole,ty

5.2 with an m5a97?
the best i could do with my 125 watt 4170 is 4.5 on small water.
yours is 95 watt.
what m5a97 do you have? mine is an m5a97 r2.0

Back