• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fx-4100 overclock stuck at 4.4ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks to Aldakoopa, the issue with the toggling has been solved! So my next step should be adding .1 to the multiplier? or adding 5 to the mhz?

Attachments

• onehour.png
    onehour.png
    348.1 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
If you're still at 4.4 like the original post I'd drop the ram back one speed and clock up the FSB that'll get the HT and NB going.

Okay, so lower ram and raise the clock :p what increment should I use for the clock? I get a lot of mixed answers on that when I search. Also should I change the NT Link Speed, or keep it on Auto?

Last edited:
First I would take them off auto and set them both around 2400. Stabilize the system after that. If you have to raised the CPU_NB voltage a bit. Then lower the ram and start raising the HT ref clock(fsb) maybe 2-3 pts at a time. Remember that every 5hz you raise that clock with a 22x multi that raises the CPU by 110 Hz. You're at the point now where you'll need to take it slow and test in between. Always keep an eye on your temps.

Honestly i knew nothing about computers a year ago! i was just a "dumb" army grunt who made the mistake of ordering a PC on CyberPowerPC.com, I got a nice build but recently had to change my PSU and my HDD. Funny thing was i wanted to upgrade anyways. Ive had water cooling for awhole year and didnt over clock. Today withing less then an hour with awesome gigabyte Bios i was able to get a stable OC at 4.4ghz out of my fx4100. I have been running prime for almost 18 hours but being a noob realized i wasnt watching my temps to see what was what. i am at Max 35c steady 32-33 on 3 hours.

Fx4100 OC4.4ghz
Gigabyte 970A-D3
MSI GTX660
Gskill ripjaws ddr3 2x4GB
Corsair CX750w

I hope to see what i can pull from this tomorrow and see if i can hit that 4.8ghz!!

This is a very old thread Justgoove. If you really think to need help, you would do better to start your own thread. Peeps hate having to try and sort down to a necro post.
RGone...

Back