• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX-4350 Core temps?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I do thank you all for the help and advice, I'm glad I'm not the only one to go fishing and not realize I'm sitting on the paddles when the motor dies.

@Blaylock Glad all is alright.

I had thought about Airflow quite a lot when assembly of this last build. Just hadn't done any testing with lower fans speeds after initial assembly and burn-in. As I've heard it said you learn with each build and mistake along the way.

Airflow.jpg

Just not enough thought into the manufacturer or said components for what I wanted this thing to do, never realized how one-sided the CPU market had become, granted it was inevitable Inhel would be king of benchmarks.

Nice looking rig t1nm4n, typically I suggest having the rad as an exhaust but if it's working fine for you then run with it.

I doubt a single 120/140mm exhaust will be adequate for extended high load sessions. If you want to know for sure button your case up and run P95 Blend along with Unigen Heaven on loop for about 30mins or so. Then open the side panel with the benches still running and watch your temps. If temps drop you need better air flow. If they stay the same than your fans are pumpin' air proper like.

Nice looking rig t1nm4n, typically I suggest having the rad as an exhaust but if it's working fine for you then run with it.

Thank you, I wanted to exhaust there, but as I don't have much other intake (3 fans at the front running slow so low CFM). I thought it would be better to draw in up there and have direct airflow onto the ram and VRM (didn't know the NB was on the left side of the MB under that long heatsink).

I believe it was Mandrake that pointed out putting a 120mm fan to blow air on the NB VRM heatsink directly, I have looked and some smaller fans, in the 50-60mm range to attach to the back of the GPU backplate to maybe help with airflow over the heatsink, and maybe increase airflow over the GPU VRM, which runs (albeit only while gaming) much hotter than the GPU or the other VRM, but as I have read one of the VRM temps tend run more voltage and thus generate more heat, so its normal I guess, but this is for another discussion and topic some other day.

Anyhow it was a fun day of guessing and stumbling upon the answer with the helpful pushing and shoving from the forum, /bow thank you all again.

This is what I did for the back on my latest adventure but I have already modded this case plenty. It's a slim 120mmx15mm and mounted to the back panel.

back fan.jpeg

This is what I did for the back on my latest adventure but I have already modded this case plenty. It's a slim 120mmx15mm and mounted to the back panel.

I'm guessing that's for the back of the board? Kinda hard to see but I'm guessing you have it placed over this area?

backofmobo.jpg

I know the cables are in the way, but that's easy enough to remedy. So that fan blowing on the back of the mobo, does that help move air under the mobo also?

Yes but more to the right if you can. You want the socket which is behind that big plate for the cooler but also if you look to the right side of that on the back of the CHV_z there's another heatsink for the VRM it's just a bbar but that's it's purpose. That also helps getting some air on it,

OK, looks like I should move some cable around and see if that helps before I go cutting on the case. Never noticed that heatsink base there, and it being covered partially by cable probably doesn't help temps (mainly airflow). Time to play with wire routing.

Back