• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX-6100 Mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If I get the guts, I may consider sending you my trusty ol' E4300 for a delid, she's gettin' pretty hot these days..

Your processor doesn't have any solder. All it would take is running a Razor around the edges and the top should pop right off! :thup:

Don't tempt me....
Gahh, guys, expect to see an E4300 de-lid thread sooner than later...

Nice.

I use shaving razors. They are double edged and a little dangerous. BUT they are super ultra thin and cut through the glue like butter. Set the Cpu on it's side and cut down towards the table. Rule of thumb, cut away from self lol. Hold the Cpu at the top opposite corner while making the pass down with the blade and simply rotate the Cpu as you go along.

Be sure to discharge any static on your person too.

I should make an update here about Storm Chaser's 970T

So briefly we will say it was a success. Although coming across one issue of my board not liking the Cpu and pinning voltage to a small, but usable 1.2v. After a standard clear CMOS and running the Cpu before the de-lidding, this problem was found after the de-lidding. I couldn't raise voltage.

After sending the Cpu back to Storm Chaser, he was concerned I had broke it. Even though I was able to unlock all cores, my voltage was stuck at 1.2v. Luckily after some testing of his own, the Cpu was found to be in good working order.

Attachments

• 970T stock working before de-lid.jpg
    970T stock working before de-lid.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 78
  • 970T after de-lid stock.jpg
    970T after de-lid stock.jpg
    340.7 KB · Views: 79
Here's a couple more pictures I had to get off the camera. 970T

Attachments

• DSC07246.JPG
    DSC07246.JPG
    589.8 KB · Views: 80