• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX-6300 and Prime95

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

K1L0

Id like to know if anyone else is experiencing same thing as i am while torture testing an overclocked fx-6300 in p95. What i notice is that when the cpu is unstable its always the last 2 cores that run into errors, either one or both. Just wondering if its specific to my cpu or is it a design feature that makes the third module vulnerable?

Same here. Core 5 is the weakest for me.
I went into the BIOS and disabled cores 5 and 6 since I'll never actually need them. :)
Helps reduce temps too.

If you also want, you could enable (if you have it in the BIOS) "Once Core per compute unit which disables 3 cores... reduces temps a buttload, but now you would only have 3 cores instead of 6.

The actually solution is to bump the Vcore up one more notch, ore reduce your overclock.

I am also really interested in this, I have the FX6350 and I usually get core 5 failing anything above 4.5GHz.

I am so confused about overclocking, I have the FX 6350 on the Gigabyte 990XA-UD3 using the UEFI bios or something. I have watched so many videos but the settings are always different. I know how to up the ratio using PG DWN and PG UP and I have been told that anything up to 1.4V is ok but there are always extra voltage settings I am told to change that just aren't there. Can anyone help please? Also how do I disable the last two cores?

Thanks so much in advance for any help that is given. I am really at my wits end with this lol.

I am also really interested in this, I have the FX6350 and I usually get core 5 failing anything above 4.5GHz.

I am so confused about overclocking, I have the FX 6350 on the Gigabyte 990XA-UD3 using the UEFI bios or something. I have watched so many videos but the settings are always different. I know how to up the ratio using PG DWN and PG UP and I have been told that anything up to 1.4V is ok but there are always extra voltage settings I am told to change that just aren't there. Can anyone help please? Also how do I disable the last two cores?

Thanks so much in advance for any help that is given. I am really at my wits end with this lol.

Start slowly. Keep the stock Vcore and just increase the multiplier by one. The run Prime95 for 20 minutes. If it passes, go back and increse the multiplier by one again. If Prime 95 fails, increase the Vcore by one notch. Run Prime95 again and if it passes increase the multi again. wash rinse repeat until you hit 62C package temps or 72C socket temps.
Like I said, a failing core in Prime95 means you need a bit more Vcore.

Making you own thread would serve you best, that way we can explain & help you get your overclock stable :)

Back