• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

*FX-8150 OC* Help.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Coolerman1992

ok so im overclocking my 8150 and i read the best articles on here on bulldozer overclocking. and ive gotten pretty far. so ive managed to get 4.2Ghz @ 1.26Volts on my cpu after reading articles compared to my previous 4.0Ghz @ 1.4Volts :D! good news but i seem to be running into one little problem witch im not sure that im understanding as to why its down clocking from 4.2Ghz to 1.4Ghz when my CPU TEMP (not my core temps) hit 56 or above. im on water cooling i have the Thermaltake Water 2.0 System with Push pull system and 4 120mm fans on my case with a another 120mm blowing from front of my case too the back @ my GPU my system specs are below im going to up2date them as soon as i finish this, and i will provide SS of CPU-z Tabs.

***OK. So first lets focus on the throttle problem? was there a setting i didnt disable? or somthing else? maybe I can get a list of everything i need set and disabled please? if possible? i have C&C, C1E, C6, etc disabled maybe i missed one or two? what about Speed Spectrum? thats set to auto in my bios, does it need to be disabled? SS below.
Pretty Pretty Please Help me :D would be gratefully Thankful :D

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

OK so we can assume you hvae disabled all the Green stuff then .... C&Q, C1e, TurboCore and APM.?

If thats the case try a simple test ..... Hang an extra fan blowing over your CPU SOcket area and if you can another on the back of your case sucking air out from under your CPU Socket area .... where your cutout is on your motherboard tray and lets see if that has any effect.

I think turbo boost(level up, turbo core) is still enabled in the bios.
cool and quiet CAN be disabled also.
advanced power management needs to be disabled also.

EVERYTHING is disabled that need to be i was able to get 4.5Ghz @ 1.34volts @ 4 cores cant hit it at 8 cores tho :(

it's time to go into the bios and raise the vcore 2 bumps and test again
just watch the "core temps" 55c is the limit for these.

Back