• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fx-8150 overheating RALLY NEED HELP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Damn, we did literally had the same exact build down to the 5 hours of BF3 after. I had some issues with Heat on the CPU, I solved it with a WC system and it works great but now my Vcores are raging out of control with heat. I am sorry, I am a complete noob at OC systems but Ill be here for moral support. Once you get the kinks worked out in your system let me know and Ill tell my OC setup. Its not near complete but its getting there. My FX 8150 is pushing about 4.8GHz right now and my temps are constant under full load around 75. I have 2 fans that are having issues right now but it should get even better once I get that sorted out. From what I have read, the FX series will be ok just past 90 but thats with proper cooling and only for short periods. Mine is running slightly hotter than im confortable with, especially during brief spikes but from BF3 its one hell of a machine. We have pretty much the same setup, the GTX570 was a good call, I like mine alot. i overclocked that as well and it is marvelous. I was playing BF3 for a few hours last night and my OC programs FPS tracker (MSI Afterburner) recorded me consistantly between 300-450 FPS. I dont know if I believe that but still pretty cool, so you do have something to look forward to! let me know when you get it all worked out, i would be interested to know what clock settings you use.

Mate! Please cool that CPU down before it goes up in smoke, I don't know where you have read that AMD chips are ok up to 90c:shock: but if you take that as true then you're chip won't last long, AMD set a safe temp of 61c and that's as hot as they want you to run it, I would be crapping if my temps were 70c just gaming, I wouldn't dare ask what they get to while running prime95. Take a look at this review for a bit of helpfull info :thup:

Damn, we did literally had the same exact build down to the 5 hours of BF3 after. I had some issues with Heat on the CPU, I solved it with a WC system and it works great but now my Vcores are raging out of control with heat. I am sorry, I am a complete noob at OC systems but Ill be here for moral support. Once you get the kinks worked out in your system let me know and Ill tell my OC setup. Its not near complete but its getting there. My FX 8150 is pushing about 4.8GHz right now and my temps are constant under full load around 75. I have 2 fans that are having issues right now but it should get even better once I get that sorted out. From what I have read, the FX series will be ok just past 90 but thats with proper cooling and only for short periods. Mine is running slightly hotter than im confortable with, especially during brief spikes but from BF3 its one hell of a machine. We have pretty much the same setup, the GTX570 was a good call, I like mine alot. i overclocked that as well and it is marvelous. I was playing BF3 for a few hours last night and my OC programs FPS tracker (MSI Afterburner) recorded me consistantly between 300-450 FPS. I dont know if I believe that but still pretty cool, so you do have something to look forward to! let me know when you get it all worked out, i would be interested to know what clock settings you use.

75C??? the fukk my pc would shut down when I hit 62C! And ya love the rig without any overclocking I maxed bf3 out and got like 70fps :comp::attn:

haha ya I tend to mess around with my stuff too :D it happens, but good to hear your back up and running. If you want to play hit me up-

Back