• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fx 8150 with H100i OC! Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Anonaru: you mean let CPU PLL auto and twice bump cpu vcore? or set CPU PLL at 2.515 and then twice bump vcore?

Trents Im uploading it right now, sorry didnt know,

Anonaru: you mean let CPU PLL auto and twice bump cpu vcore? or set CPU PLL at 2.515 and then twice bump vcore?

Either, really. A PLL of 2.515 isn't going to hurt anything, so I'd leave it at that for now. On the other hand, give that cpu bump a go, see if it gets any farther.

So okey now here it is. What should I do next?

Attachments

• 123456789.jpg
    123456789.jpg
    648.8 KB · Views: 75
So okey. I set ram to 9 9 9 27 and DRAM voltage to 1.65

Now IM trying to bump twice the vcore and How am I supposed to know if my ram memory is okey?

So okey. I set ram to 9 9 9 27 and DRAM voltage to 1.65

Now IM trying to bump twice the vcore and How am I supposed to know if my ram memory is okey?

The lock up you're getting isn't typically associated with RAM. I think your RAM is fine, but thought I'd give it a run. Upon a little more research (And Ajay lending a hand, thanks :D) it seems like there may be a hardware issue--

There's quite a number of people who are having difficulty overclocking the 8150 on that motherboard. It very well could be something we are powerless to work around :eh?:

The lock up you're getting isn't typically associated with RAM. I think your RAM is fine, but thought I'd give it a run. Upon a little more research (And Ajay lending a hand, thanks :D) it seems like there may be a hardware issue--

There's quite a number of people who are having difficulty overclocking the 8150 on that motherboard. It very well could be something we are powerless to work around :eh?:

Well you mean bad mobo? How bad it is ? :(
I did something, bumped twice vcore Dram set to 1.65 and 9 9 9 27 ram memory timing multiplier at 21 4200 mhz and well I DONT KNOW WHAT I HAVE DONE BUT IT WORKS||||

5 minutes without freeze lets hope it will be okey :)

Core temp 33 celsium cpu temp 56 celsium

I did something, bumped twice vcore Dram set to 1.65 and 9 9 9 27 ram memory timing multiplier at 21 4200 mhz and well I DONT KNOW WHAT I HAVE DONE BUT IT WORKS||||

Keep running it-- you need to hit about 2 hours for it to be "good" Not a bad motherboard. Just a compatability issue with the two parts. Seeing a lot of people hitting a brick wall with these two parts combined between 3.9 and 4.3GHz. We'll see :D

Nooooo. After 11 minutes freeze :( whyyy. What now?

But I still cant get why it was working now for longer then before and only with Twice bump v core ...

Nooooo. After 11 minutes freeze :( whyyy. What now?

But I still cant get why it was working now for longer then before and only with Twice bump v core ...

Thinking we missed the proper v-core and pushed it too high before. Even with compatibility issues, we should be able to get you great on 4.1 or 4.2. Set your CPU-PLL to 2.545 (And change NOTHING ELSE) and re-run. See if it lasts any longer :confused:

As I mentioned before I am perfectly stable at 4.1 without increasing a thing...but the 4200 is issue. Re-running now

Totally same result. In same time after 11 minutes of test mouse freezes

Hm. Change your RAM voltage to 1.66, change your multi back to whatever puts you at 4100MHz.. Change your CPU-PLL back to 2.515, keep the same vCore, give your CPU-NB a single "bump" up from stock

..then increase your FSB frequency to 205. Tell me what happens? I'm wondering if you're going to need to OC using your FSB..

Okey set up as you said. Windows loaded, I will edit when I will know more

Edit1: running some test I think I even decreased the vcore its now 1.28

Could we later get some online chat where we can speak faster? I mean after your work :)

4 minutes of test core temp 32 and cpu temp 55.
It makes a noise :p I m not sure if its CPU or Pump in h100i or even fans
EDIT2:
the noise is like vrm vrm vrm vrm (increasing and then slowing speed of fan I suppose) or I dont know.
Stable for 14 minutes now.
temps core 32 still and cpu temp 57

EDIT3: Well after 14 minutes the sound disapear and mouse freezes right after the sound disapearing .. :(

Last edited:
Okey set up as you said. Windows loaded, I will edit when I will know more

Edit1: running some test I think I even decreased the vcore its now 1.28

Could we later get some online chat where we can speak faster? I mean after your work :)

4 minutes of test core temp 32 and cpu temp 55.
It makes a noise :p I m not sure if its CPU or Pump in h100i or even fans
EDIT2:
the noise is like vrm vrm vrm vrm (increasing and then slowing speed of fan I suppose) or I dont know.
Stable for 14 minutes now.
temps core 32 still and cpu temp 57

EDIT3: Well after 14 minutes the sound disapear and mouse freezes right after the sound disapearing .. :(

Sounds like a fan spinning up and slowing down. There's no way you're OC'ing a BD with a v core of 1.28. Why did you LOWER vCore when you're trying to OVERCLOCK? Try putting the vCore back to where it was (One or two bumps UP) and PLL to 2.515 and running P95 once more.

Well i didnt lower Vcore I just set single bump instead of 2 bumps of Vcore

Everything as you said. Vcore only one bump but

Should I get it like 2 or 3 bumps? Will it be like more stable and wont freeze ?

Well i didnt lower Vcore I just set single bump instead of 2 bumps of Vcore

Everything as you said. Vcore only one bump but

Ah. Try a 2nd vcore bump perhaps. If not, then we might have to resign to a 4.1GHz OC for now. I'll do more homework, but you may have to wait for a BIOS revision that fixes compatibility issues between your CPU and board :(

Well I will try the second bump but I guess it wont work out. Well one month ago new bios was released and its 1604 which I have, so I will wait a loooong time i guess :(( Its really issue in mobo and cpu? How other users of this mobo OC? How much :( Im so unlucky

Well I will try the second bump but I guess it wont work out. Well one month ago new bios was released and its 1604 which I have, so I will wait a loooong time i guess :(( Its really issue in mobo and cpu? How other users of this mobo OC? How much :( Im so unlucky

I'm finding a lot of people hitting a brick wall with these two parts combined anywhere from 3.9 to 4.3GHz (I saw one guy who got to 4.4+ (He didn't post any kind of work arounds though) When I'm not at work, I'll do some homework and see if we can figure out a workaround that doesn't involve praying to the norse gods for a new BIOS revision

Back