• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fx 8150 with H100i OC! Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hey Anonaru i am back sorry for being away so long, so tell me Bro you can not open the posts???? Let me know and i will try to explain to you both!! AJ.

Hey Anonaru i am back sorry for being away so long, so tell me Bro you can not open the posts???? Let me know and i will try to explain to you both!! AJ.

I couldn't haha. I did find quite a few other instances of issues with these boards and the 8150 though. What do you know good man?

Due to the power phases on the Mobo and the power hunger CPU they is a big in-balance or the board can not keep up. So anything 3.9 it might fail also they is a problem with RAM not working properly or recognized by the Bios etc.
2, In the second post it gives you the vital info to overclock the CPU and board to a high stable OC, thats why i posted both. To you because you where struggling and getting no where fast Bro! AJ.

1, http://www.overclock.net/t/1272611/help-cant-overclock-past-3-9ghz-on-fx-8150

2, http://www.overclock.net/t/1140459/...nce-scaling-charts-max-ocs-ln2-results-coming

The bottom post is just a guide it might give pointers to help OC with the 8150 CPU!

Last edited:
What it means we need to think hard about a way to help you, also if anyone is looking in and has the same Mobo + CPU! Please try to help also to get to a stable OC if you have done this already? AJ.

Maybe while Anonaru is away thinking, you could watch the video i posted to give you some basic idea on OC a Mobo!

Last edited:
That meants?:(

What it means is, we will more than likely only acheive a higher OC on your board if we can take voltage away from something. Really, I think your current best bet is going to be a mixture of multiplier and FSB overclocking. I want you to do a little reading up on your end regarding voltages, FSB Overclocking, and the sort. Learn what they are, where they are, and what they do!

In the meantime, we can probably set your RAM timings back to what you had them at before. Also, if you plan on doing more gaming-intensive tasks, we can talk about doing something like disabling a single module (Making it a 6-core processor) then getting a much larger OC (Would be better for general purpose gaming), or we can just pinch RAM timings, tweak the NB, etc in order to maximize performance at this current OC.

If you take 2 mins to watch the video i posted it shows you all that and more Bro! He does the same as you say combo of Multi+Fsb and it works, also he turns down his ram settings as well. Sorry will let you watch first IMOH. AJ.

Well I saw that video many many times. Anonaru- Im used of Xplit and I stream league of legends If you know what it is. What would changed disabling one core? I know I would achieve more mhz overall but disabling core (2) will decrease the performance?

Why he disabled sphread spectrum in that video?

Using an overclocking approach that combines raising the multiplier with raising the Front Side Bus (aka, "CPU frequency" and "HT Reference") does often allow you to user lower voltage for a given level of overclock. I strongly suspect the 6+2 power phase (as opposed to 8+2 or better) is the culprit here. Really, the only motherboard that Asus boards that are not giving problems when trying to significantly overclock the eight core FX chips are the Sabertooth and the Crosshair which are the flagship Asus overclocking products.

It also can help if you position a spot fan or two to blow air directly on the VRM/socket area of the board.

Using an overclocking approach that combines raising the multiplier with raising the Front Side Bus (aka, "CPU frequency" and "HT Reference") does often allow you to user lower voltage for a given level of overclock. I strongly suspect the 6+2 power phase (as opposed to 8+2 or better) is the culprit here. Really, the only motherboard that Asus boards that are not giving problems when trying to significantly overclock the eight core FX chips are the Sabertooth and the Crosshair which are the flagship Asus overclocking products.

It also can help if you position a spot fan or two to blow air directly on the VRM/socket area of the board.

I will prolly try to aim some fan onto the socket area

I will prolly try to aim some fan onto the socket area

Try to catch the capacitors and the heatsink between the socket and the back edge of the board. That's where the VRMs (Voltage Regulation Module) components are. I find that sticking a 50mm fan onto the heatsink there with some double sided adhesive strip material works well. Peel the label off the center of the fan first before you apply the strip or the label will let go.

umm. i found that the 1604 bios is really bad for the fx8150. i had throttling issues on an m5a99x with 1604. when i downgraded they all went away.

umm. i found that the 1604 bios is really bad for the fx8150. i had throttling issues on an m5a99x with 1604. when i downgraded they all went away.

This is something I had suspected as a possibility from the beginning. I am hoping somebody with more experience with these boards or the 8150 will take the reigns on some cookie cutter settings he can use.

Definitely going to have to go the FSB + Multi approach. Getting a fan aimed at the mosfets and NB HS will also help, as trents pointed out. What version of the BIOS did you revert to, tungureanu?

I could get my 4.4-4.6 stable on 1604 BUT with very high vcore+high NB freq and with multi+FSB. the i reverted to 1503. The 1503 was the last BIOS update optimized for the BD chips. From then on it`s more like for PD.

I tried everything from the start, increasing more HTT to 210 and multiplier only to 20 to achieve 4200 mhz still loaded succesfully and then few minutes of test mouse frozen and fans just went from 60% to 10% all the time same issue. Dont know what I can try more. What is it caused by? Low vcore or wtf?

I tried everything from the start, increasing more HTT to 210 and multiplier only to 20 to achieve 4200 mhz still loaded succesfully and then few minutes of test mouse frozen and fans just went from 60% to 10% all the time same issue. Dont know what I can try more. What is it caused by? Low vcore or wtf?

in the memory config section set tRAS to 27 and tRC to 33 with 1.6v for the ram. And you can try one more thing for OC-ing , try with the ASUS AI Suite2 to "Level Up" and see what that does. If that is stable you can go from there. Yes i know that OC genies=satan , but what can one do?

EDIT That`s how i got my 100% stable oc, and i went from there. END EDIT

Okey I got 1503 bios version now. And I m going to do what tungureanu said, First i will try it normally from bios and if its not working then I will use asus ai suite 2 power up and EXTREME button

I cant find tRas and tRC i have only DRAM RAS# etc

ok found dram row cycle time was already 33 and dram RAS# ACT time was 24 changed to 27

Last edited:
Back