• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED FX 8320 getting hot ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RubyBeats

Registered
Ok i have some strange idle temperature behaviour

Yesterday i had a stable temperatur of ~35 celcius

akfl9c.png.jpg

Today i runned some Prime95 testing and after i stopped testing my idle temperatures stays high at ~ 45 - 46 celcius.

2zjlyz5.png.jpg

I rebooted my pc 4 times still same result what did i do wrong here ? :shrug:

Last edited:
Just at a guess I would say it's needing more air in the case. If your cooler is doing it's job it should cool down fairly quickly after the load is taken off. But if you have poor flow in the case the hot air builds up during load and remains even after the load is gone. Try taking the side cover off the case and see if it makes a difference.

EDIT: I would suggest getting HWMonito free and using it to monitor your temps. It will give us 2 different temps being the socket and core. Both of these are important and require different fixes.

what is your temp during load??
maybe its warmer today inside and outside?
did you changed anything in the bios, sins yesterday or did you changed something in easy tune today?

Just at a guess I would say it's needing more air in the case. If your cooler is doing it's job it should cool down fairly quickly after the load is taken off. But if you have poor flow in the case the hot air builds up during load and remains even after the load is gone. Try taking the side cover off the case and see if it makes a difference.

EDIT: I would suggest getting HWMonito free and using it to monitor your temps. It will give us 2 different temps being the socket and core. Both of these are important and require different fixes.

Well i don't think i have to worry about airflow i have the Zalman Z11 with 5 build-in fans :
1zbs0g5.jpg

Hwmonitor says that my package temp is good although i am note sure if i can trust that :-/
27yvb83.png.jpg

what is your temp during load??
maybe its warmer today inside and outside?
did you changed anything in the bios, sins yesterday or did you changed something in easy tune today?

Yes i did change some settings today but i restored it back to default ( same settings as yesterdag )

Is the Hwmonitor Pic above under load? If not run Prime Blend for 20 minutes and re post it, if you can. It will give us a better idea of the temps. These Fx processor temperature sensors aren't accurate at idle, they are more accurate under load above 40c.

Is the Hwmonitor Pic above under load? If not run Prime Blend for 20 minutes and re post it, if you can. It will give us a better idea of the temps. These Fx processor temperature sensors aren't accurate at idle, they are more accurate under load above 40c.

Pic of Hwmonitor above was idle, Here are the results of 20 min Prime95 Blend mode i had to do it twice because after the first time my whole system frozes when i stopped Prime95 so my screenshot got corrupted after i resetted my system. :bang head
2im3zvl.png.jpg

ok, tmpin 1 is the motheboard socket, about 72c is our limit on that your max is 51c.

package is 44c, our limit on that line is abot 62c. your at 44c so all is good.

please download cpu-z fron it's home site.
please open three copys from the same desktop icon( yes it will do that)
open three tabs, cpu, memory and spd.
please post a screenshot with these three tabs showing.

please go into the bios and set your ram timmings to those shown under the spd tab, xmp 1600 column.

set the dram voltage to 1.55 and post a screenshot of the same three tabs.

please go into the bios and set your ram timmings to those shown under the spd tab, xmp 1600 column.

Why would you like to see the timings like under xmp?
it has nothing to do with his temps, and the are looking fine.

but oke what kind of ram do you have.

Well i don't think i have to worry about airflow i have the Zalman Z11 with 5 build-in fans :
1zbs0g5.jpg

Hwmonitor says that my package temp is good although i am note sure if i can trust that :-/
27yvb83.png.jpg

you say the cpu gets hotter then before, in the 40 now and before in the 30, but I see also here a 30 degree, it trust hwmonitor/hwinfo over the program from gigabyte, and at idle and load your temps are fine nothing to worry.

156g4rc.jpg

b6pnvb.png.jpg

--Edit temperatures are significantly lower when coldboot after 7 hours shutdown, 34 - 36 celcius.
Gonna stress test again when i get home.

-

Last edited:
the fx processor likes tigher ram timmings, if you pay for someting you should use it.
the 9-9-9-24-33 ram timmings are faster than the 11-11-11-28-39 timmings.

none of the temp monitors are really accurate, we have just been useing hardware monitor on this site and we know what to look for in it.

to be brief, the 999 or 11-11-11 numbers are delays in fractions of a second before the ram does stuff,
so a shorter delay means the ram does stuff faster.
the 1.55 voltage helps keep it stable.
your ram is supposed to run at the faster rtimmings, heres the specs,

DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
Timing 9-9-9-24-2N
Cas Latency 9
Voltage 1.5V

to be brief, the 999 or 11-11-11 numbers are delays in fractions of a second before the ram does stuff,
so a shorter delay means the ram does stuff faster.
the 1.55 voltage helps keep it stable.
your ram is supposed to run at the faster rtimmings, heres the specs,

DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
Timing 9-9-9-24-2N
Cas Latency 9
Voltage 1.5V

Ok thanks for the info i didn't even noticed normally i don't look at those settings. I am not at home atm, so i cant check it but is it possible to manually set my timings ?

yes and manualy setting them is the only way to go, further down the line you will find out why.

on the heat thing, everything that makes a computer work harder or raises a voltage makes more heat.
the trick with these very hot running processors is to get up against our heat wall (up to max temps) then balance the system with cpu/nb and ram. we get the biggest bang from the processor so we get it up to speed first, then cpu/nb and ram, we give up ram and cpu/nb first and cpu speed only as a last resort.

yes and manualy setting them is the only way to go, further down the line you will find out why.

on the heat thing, everything that makes a computer work harder or raises a voltage makes more heat.
the trick with these very hot running processors is to get up against our heat wall (up to max temps) then balance the system with cpu/nb and ram. we get the biggest bang from the processor so we get it up to speed first, then cpu/nb and ram, we give up ram and cpu/nb first and cpu speed only as a last resort.

Thanks that is quite some helpful information :thup: I will reply again after i fiddled with some settings. :)

Back