• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED FX 8320 getting hot ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So :shrug: , gonna keep us in the dark. :chair:

Well i lowered the voltage of the northbirge and it worked ( for a while like 5 min )
TMPIN1 high(ish) temperatures got back so i changed my northbirdge voltage to default again. So yeah didn't got any further actually. :facepalm:

I kept my PC turned on over night and the next morning i checked my TMPIN1 and it was around 32 celcius on idle, then i started my browser and some other programs and the
temperatures got back to +45 again in no time and stayed there even after closing all my programs or rebooting.

-- I just decided to live with it when it's still in the safe zone, once it passes 60 degrees i'm gonna start worrying again, I guess i will never find out what the cause of this problem is.
( if it is heat than it isn't that a big of a issue I think it won't pass ~ 50 celcius on full load ''which is still safe'' )

Last edited:
Thanks for the follow up Ruby. You're well within the safe zone o happy putering. If you feel like speeding things up a bit just come back and ask.

-- I just decided to live with it when it's still in the safe zone, once it passes 60 degrees i'm gonna start worrying again, I guess i will never find out what the cause of this problem is.
( if it is heat than it isn't that a big of a issue I think it won't pass ~ 50 celcius on full load ''which is still safe'' )

I think using the computer as "johan" said is a good idea. You don't seem to have high CORE / PACKAGE temps (lower 40s) and I make that distinction so others that read and never post or come later will know which temp I am referring to. So a CPU / Socket temp in the 50s is not high at all really. Moving onto using the puter some, seems prudent for sure. Actually often it is 'using' the computer that tells the rest of the story. I used to open IE 9 and if it allowed me to read and post in forums then I was close to being stable. Of course this was a "pointer" to how close I was in getting P95 Blend mode to be stable beyond 2 hours.

Each setup has it's own little quirks and one size surely does not fit all. I used to send all my settings to a buddy and he would input to his bios on same board and bios version and he could NOT even boot into widows. So it comes to each having to trial and error their own rig. Odd but so freeken real. Luck man.
RGone...

Ruby, I just went back and it seems I missed a question on the post with the door on and off. TMPIN1 is most likely the socket temps and the reading lower down called package that's the actual core temp. Typically we like to see 70 or less at the socket and 60 ish on the core.

Ruby, I just went back and it seems I missed a question on the post with the door on and off. TMPIN1 is most likely the socket temps and the reading lower down called package that's the actual core temp. Typically we like to see 70 or less at the socket and 60 ish on the core.

Okay, thanks for letting me know :thup:

Back