• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED FX 8320 getting hot ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
johan45 is back in, he's the man with the plan, perhaps he will be kind enough to chime back in.

Sure thing C_D, so Ruby what's the goal? Are you looking to speed thing up or still trying to cool things down. I checked out that case and want to know if those 80mm fans are intake or exhaust?

Sure thing C_D, so Ruby what's the goal? Are you looking to speed thing up or still trying to cool things down. I checked out that case and want to know if those 80mm fans are intake or exhaust?

Well actually both, my main goal was to cool things but then caddi daddi noticed that my RAM times weren't correct.

i have 2, 80 mm exhaust fans one on each side build in my side pannels.
Z11p_02.jpg

Top view,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Bottom view,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Last edited:
I'm still gonna fiddle with my settings if i still got problems with the RAM or temperature i will reply back :)

I wondered about that case, it almost looks like it would exhaust the cool air before it gets to the CPU where it's needed. Is it possible to turn those around?? Typical airflow should go like this

thermaltake_chaser_a31_black.jpg

So I can't help but think that those two fans exhausting so close to the intake are a bit counter productive.

I wondered about that case, it almost looks like it would exhaust the cool air before it gets to the CPU where it's needed. Is it possible to turn those around?? Typical airflow should go like this

View attachment 144756

So I can't help but think that those two fans exhausting so close to the intake are a bit counter productive.

These 80mm fans are for my HDD only.

I assumed that's what they were for but they pull air from somewhere. The only inlet clost to them is your only fresh air inlet that I can see so I would imagine that those two fans are pulling out about as much air as that one 120 fan can put in. Unless your HD bay is sealed with an inlet of it's own on the bottom. Also that sideways bay block most of the flow from that intake so it has no whaere to go but out. There's one easy test to see if your cooler is getting enough air. Just do a P95 run with the door off and one with the door on then compare results.

RubyBeats, could you also set up a signature like johan and I have at the bottom of our posts. It is helpful so we know what is in the Pc and don't have to scroll back in the thread to see what components, cooling etc we are dealing with, thanks.

yes and manualy setting them is the only way to go, further down the line you will find out why.

on the heat thing, everything that makes a computer work harder or raises a voltage makes more heat.
the trick with these very hot running processors is to get up against our heat wall (up to max temps) then balance the system with cpu/nb and ram. we get the biggest bang from the processor so we get it up to speed first, then cpu/nb and ram, we give up ram and cpu/nb first and cpu speed only as a last resort.

yes oke his ram is 9-9-9- then it has to run at that true.

Ok so i finally got home eventually :) first things first RAM i wanted to manually set my RAM timings to 9-9-9-24-2N but boy so many settings i couldn't find a good tutorial either with this Motherboard and was affraid to destroy things can you explain me how this works ? :

erzwn9.jpg

63ya95.jpg

Also ther was a option of Channel A and Channel B timing what is the differance ?

set the first 4 timings to 9-9-9-24 ie Cas latency, trcd, trp and tras. Then set the trc to 33 leave everything else on auto and it should be fine.

Thanks a bunch, how did you find out that the optimized bank cycle time was 33 ?

Bank Cycle aKa tRC is shown in the SPD menu for CPUz. So not too hard to find. All that calculating for optimized stuff is not for you if you did not know where to input the 5 major timings. So the ram maker says 33 for tRC. Other calculating is not necessary for looking at optimized tRC.
RGone...

Bank Cycle aKa tRC is shown in the SPD menu for CPUz. So not too hard to find. All that calculating for optimized stuff is not for you if you did not know where to input the 5 major timings. So the ram maker says 33 for tRC. Other calculating is not necessary for looking at optimized tRC.
RGone...

Stuff is not for me :-/ that sounds a little bit insulting to me sure i am not a know it all but that doesn't mean that I don't want to learn it.
Thanks anyway

Stuff is not for me :-/ that sounds a little bit insulting to me sure i am not a know it all but that doesn't mean that I don't want to learn it.
Thanks anyway

Maybe he should have said at this point. RGone wasn't trying to be insulting or demeaning. Memory work takes a lot of time and patience and can really muss up a BIOS to the point that the computer will not post. Give it some time and if you're really interested there are people here with some really good minds that don't mind helping out.

Maybe he should have said at this point. RGone wasn't trying to be insulting or demeaning. Memory work takes a lot of time and patience and can really muss up a BIOS to the point that the computer will not post. Give it some time and if you're really interested there are people here with some really good minds that don't mind helping out.

I wasn't looking for apologies here it's just that you need to see every person as equal with the ability to grow in knowledge without judging.
And don't get me wrong here i do admire his and your knowledge it really helped me alot.

I wasn't looking for apologies here it's just that you need to see every person as equal with the ability to grow in knowledge without judging.
And don't get me wrong here i do admire his and your knowledge it really helped me alot.
Good, I'm glad. Just that we would really like to avoid buggering things up before you get to have some fun with that thing. If the BIOS gets scrambled it can require an RMA and then you'd be without a system. None of us want that. Me , I'm willing to take those chances but I also have back up parts if something goes amok.

Well heck...tons of info for tweaking ram.

...http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=588547
Ram Timings Guide

That thread has plenty of ram what to's and how to's and it certainly is not for the faint of heart. Not at all.

I just received an email from a user that said getting X ram to run on his system took so many BSODs and failure to boot and bios REflashing, that he was completely outdone. Tweaking ram is a very fast way to get in the bios REflashing business.

I guess that word "optimized" tRC was the one that got to me. I see that word used often on the net. Optimized is often construed to be determined by; tRC = tRAS + tRP. But there the tRAS and tRP have both already been "optimized". So going into that tweaking means a lot of homework and generally outside the scope of typing into a forum post. Too much IF "A" but not "B" then "F" and that is tough to type out.

I should perhaps have worded it differently and said heck man memory tweaking beyond the items openly listed in SPD tab of CPUz is when you have bios REflash fully ready and understood since just a minor error by one 'number' can bring about reflashing the bios in a heartbeat and also many times it used to cause windows corruption.
RGone...

Back