• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX-8320 Owners What's your max stable overclock results ? WC Questions as well.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BuRgLaR

What's your highest OC on an 8320? I've heard of a guy maybe on these forums that pushed his to 5.2 on a custom loop.

Is this possible and how much money am I looking at for a performance loops with all quality plumbing?

Good WC starts from the case up, you'll need likely 5 or 6 x 120 worth of rad space IMO The cost varies quite widely depending on preferences. 5.0 + is do able but takes a good chip as well it's not always a guarantee at least the stability part. Also get yourself a top notch board like the CHV-z if that's your goal. It won'r be a cheap advnture I can tell you that.

As I said in one of your other threads already, if you are going to rock SLI/CFx, particularly with 2 295x2's like you mentioned in one thread today, you have no business being on an AMD CPU... remember we mentioned the 'glass ceiling'?

And will perform worse than (at the end of it) an intel CPU on air/AIO

Johan pretty much summed it up perfectly. Depending on you and your preference you'll be looking from 500 to 1000 or more if you plan on adding those 2 video cards mentioned above to the loop.

Block 80
120 per rad
100-140 for 5 or 6 good fans
180 compressions and tube
?$ other fittings
?$ Motherboard block 70ish if you can find and want
?$ Video card blocks?
Case for water cooling.....100 ish Corsair Air 540 or more depending
100 ish pump 150 ish pump res
$? Res

It adds up. My numbers are just off the top of my head and not 100% accurate and are loosely based on what I spent at Frozen CPU over a year ago, prices change keep that in mind.

Trolling...

...EarthDog, today you guys been following BurgLaR, who posted looking like a troll, until I glanced at the fact he had two stars under his avatar.

BurgLaR said:
Please help me decide I'm losing my mind over here and $725 for a single card is hard to swallow even when I make good money.

EarthDog said:
So wait... $725 is a problem, yet you are about to drop $1300+ on 2 295x2's?

Man, make up your mind... in one thread... in what you want to do. i'm a bit grumpy today, but you have several threads about this that should really all be in one...................

From exactly 1 month ago to the day. Where suggestions were given but no reply with or about results given.
BurgLaR said:
Northbridge temps on M5A99FX excessive

To top it all off you made mention of needing Intel cpu for multiple HI-PO video cards which by this thread went largely un-noticed I am guessing.

If BurgLaR vacillates over $725.00 for one of the best video cards out there, then he is sure to stumble over something on the order of $750.00 to even $1,000.00 to cool parts to run an FX-8320 very well at the elevated clocks he spoke of.

Like I said to begin with I thought this FX-8320 thread was a troll thread until I saw the 2 stars under the user name. Maybe not trolling but certainly time wasting and in the long-run probably fruitless and expensive beyond needs since Intel would be his best option all around.

RGone...

Sounds to me like it would be a lot of money for very little returns. Add to the fact that there are no guarantees in the overclocking game. If I wanted performance I would take the money you would spend on the custom loop and go Intel. Unless the end all be all is the satisfaction of overclocking your cpu with a custom loop you built yourself. Which I don't think you are.

Last edited:
Like I said to begin with I thought this FX-8320 thread was a troll thread until I saw the 2 stars under the user name. Maybe not trolling but certainly time wasting and in the long-run probably fruitless and expensive beyond needs since Intel would be his best option all around.

RGone...
Brother, I was pretty excited about this build he was going to do, but...... well, that went the way of the dodo too I guess... Good thing we all get paid by the post to help out!!!!!

That building is actually still in the works. I've had a couple major issues over the past few months medically that having a baton of money and put pretty much everything on halt. Now that I've been back working a little bit I've got quite a bit of money sitting around burning a hole and trying to figure out whether I just want to do a brand-new top-of-the-line 5K +build. I'm very ADD and usually have five or six projects going at once none of them getting completed

Some honest straight scoop ...... just my thoughts.

Why spend mega bucks right now on AMD the FX line we know of is a deadend and with all hopes it looks like the next GEN of AMD is about a year away or less, I am saying that with fingers crossed and batted breath. If it was my money I would either wait for the new AMD to come out or do Intel if you really have to build now especially with Skylake soon coming. In the end do what you feel is right for you. Good luck

What's your highest OC on an 8320? I've heard of a guy maybe on these forums that pushed his to 5.2 on a custom loop.

Is this possible and how much money am I looking at for a performance loops with all quality plumbing?

I've gone at least that high with my setup but it's a full-on custom job, not one of those ready made kits you can buy for watercooling.

You should be good for about 5.0, give or take depending on the exact chip and system itself. 8 cores can make alot of heat so you'll need the capacity to move and remove all the heat energy generated. Good thing is I live in Bama too so I know the conditions you're benching under, it's a pain sometimes but I get it done.

As for my highest OC..... http://valid.canardpc.com/32wfxc

Note I only had 2 cores enabled and this was done on DICE, not water.

Back