• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX 8350 can't overclock AT ALL

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
@ Nevlos. I google boards with problems 'here' and look at them in other forums. I have been following the thread you linked for at least 10 days. Has that female Asrock tech/poster, come back with a new bios? I know they were having h*ll with that board.
RGone...

try disableing llc.
on my asrock fatlady llc reduces vcore as load increases, disaleing it lets the vcore rise under load.

A point was brought up earlier about this being a VRM issue and I feel that this is at the heart of your problems.
This MB wasn't built with the power draw of the 8350 in mind, yes with a bios update the chip will run at default settings but by your own words the instant you try and oc it any at all, it fails.
This chip can be a real animal when OC'd on a MB that can support the power requirements. You may be able to get it somewhat stable @ 4.4Ghz 0r 4.5 Ghz on that MB, but I doubt if you'll be able to get it much higher.
My suggestion, move up to a ASUS Crosshair 5 Forumla or a Crosshair 5 Forumla-Z or any other comparable MB.

Back