• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX-8350 OC question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If you have one of the thick rad cooler you can push the envelope a bit with high speed fans ...... think 3000 to 3500 rpm and run them full out. Keep in mind you give away any possibility of a quiet system as it will sound like a jet taking off.

Got 4.6 GHZ

I decided to try for 4.6 GHZ today and I got it to run for 2 hours on prime95. I had 4.5 at 1.39375 and had to go to 1.4375 for 4.6 GHZ. I'm going to leave it where it is. Here's the screen shots. Capture.PNG

Leave it where it is? What is that? It's an Fx one thing they are good for is stepping on their neck and making them scream!!!!! I jest, I doubt you're getting much more with the little head room you have left, temp wise.

I feel fortunate to get 4.6 on air. I don't think I'm going to spend anymore to get 5 GHZ. 5 GHZ would be nice to try. I wanted to get 4.6 and I got it. More money would be wisely spent later to get a new Ryzen system. Thanks all

I feel fortunate to get 4.6 on air. I don't think I'm going to spend anymore to get 5 GHZ. 5 GHZ would be nice to try. I wanted to get 4.6 and I got it. More money would be wisely spent later to get a new Ryzen system. Thanks all
Madman even with big water 5.0 may be elusive. I know with my 8350 I'm maxed temp wise even with my 360 Rad at around 4.8 Ghz. If I let the temps go up I've run it at 4.9 for a fairly long period stable but temps were out of what one would consider "safe". No way I can get mine to 5.0 stable 24/7 and be within what would consider safe temps or voltage. That's my chip though, I'm sure some will be able to.

What speed is it clocked at and at what voltage? Just curious!!

It's only at 4.0GHz right now, and I'll have to check on the voltage for you later. I never felt a need to go past 4.0. Now that I've had it for 6 years I should push it some more. If I burn it out I'd have to replace it with a Ryzen. That wouldn't be horrible. :)

Back