• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX Piledriver listed on one UK shop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Spoke too soon .... they are gone.

Not the product it's self.

The "FX Piledriver" category is there, it appeared today :)

Rumours are 23'rd October, Rumours fro Trinity were 2'nd October, that came true.

Looks like 3 people have decided to pay top dollar (and then some) to be first in line. When you click the "Not in stock, but 8,020 are on order (click for details.)" link it lists 3 already back-ordered.

Is the 6-core version still weighing in around $175?

The last time I saw the new 6 core it seemed like either a typo in cache size, or that it will be using 2 modules with 2 cores enabled and then using the other 2 modules with 1 core enabled. That would certainly help it give the 2 year old Phenom II 6 cores a run for their money. If my FX-6100 had been like this I wouldn't be saying that I upgraded to a 1045T<--upgraded for less money at that.

Is the 6-core version still weighing in around $175?

The last time I saw the new 6 core it seemed like either a typo in cache size, or that it will be using 2 modules with 2 cores enabled and then using the other 2 modules with 1 core enabled. That would certainly help it give the 2 year old Phenom II 6 cores a run for their money. If my FX-6100 had been like this I wouldn't be saying that I upgraded to a 1045T<--upgraded for less money at that.

http://wccftech.com/amd-launches-fxvishera-x86-piledriver-processors-23rd-october/

FX-4300: 4 Core 3.8GHz/4GHz, 4MB, 95 Watt – $131.62
FX-6300: 6 Core 3.5GHz/4.1GHz, 6MB, 95 Watt – $175.77
FX-8320: 8 Core 3.5GHz/4GHz, 8MB, 125 Watt – $242.05
FX-8350: 8 Core 4GHz/4.2GHz, 8MB, 125 Watt – $253.06

I would wait a while, they will come down in price.

With the way AMD is performing these days I don't see why all of their CPU's don't have minimum 4ghz stock base speeds.

Re-reading (or maybe reading for the first time) Frakk's post above might be helpful. The entire Piledriver lineup does come clocked above 4 Ghz stock...... ;) Turbo speeds anyways, but those are still stock.

Last edited:
Shopblt has13 listed as saold but more importantly they have posted a price drop .... $208. Wasn't it $258

Re-reading (or maybe reading for the first time) Frakk's post above might be helpful. The entire Piledriver lineup does come clocked above 4 Ghz stock...... ;) Turbo speeds anyways, but those are still stock.

Turbo speeds don't count, they doesn't use all cores. Only the 8350 has a stock 4ghz speed.

Back