• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX volts and temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NiteSmoker17

Does anyone have info for the FX-chipset volts and min-max temps? Im currently running the FX-8320 and would like to know the min-max for most common items. All i have ran across is a pic from RGone for LN2 settings.

Does anyone have info for the FX-chipset volts and min-max temps? Im currently running the FX-8320 and would like to know the min-max for most common items. All i have ran across is a pic from RGone for LN2 settings.

A good 8350 will run stock frequency as low as 1.275 (Or even lower in some cases) vCore. You don't want to go too far above 1.525 vCore for any scenario if you can help it. As far as temps..

Keep your socket temp (HWM usually reports this as "CPU temp" below 75 or 78 at the most. Keep your Core temps (Package Temp in new HWM) below 65 if at all possible. I've seen some people say under 69 is fine here, but really, keep it below 65 and avoid risking your part.

8320s typically require a bit more voltage to get to the same OC as an 8350, but with good cooling an OC around 4.8GHz isn't out of the realm of possibility. On my custom loop, I can get my 8320 up to 5.09GHz on 1.525vCore, but this required substantial increases to PLL and "Ultra" LLC, which pushed vCore up even more under load. This isn't ideal.

Edit: PLL-Voltage is safe to push as high as 2.695 while OC'ing. I haven't gone beyond this, and have no need to / heard going higher is unsafe. CPU-NB Voltage isn't messed with too much-- These don't allow you to go much beyond 2.5GHz on the NB, so you really don't need to mess with the NB voltage much :D

+1 anonaru, hit the nail on the head with every point.
to add a little, to much vcore will make it unstable, you can push it right up but, as anonaru said there is just no reason.
you can push the temps right on up there also, but, it gets unstable and is risky.

here is a pic of my AI Suite II. I DONT change any of my volts here its just easier to show then it would be for me to get a pic from BIOS.

I would like to ask for help in determining which volts to change since most of what im reading has different wording for different mobos/brands.

This is my stock settings.

Attachments

• Voltages.jpg
    Voltages.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 89
Also how bad is the idea on the difference in temps to actual?

This is my Hardware Monitor at idle temps just surfing the web. and its 70ºF in my room. I can safely say the GPU is pretty close to correct since i start to throttle around the 70ºC mark.

Attachments

• Temps.jpg
    Temps.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 97
Also how bad is the idea on the difference in temps to actual?

This is my Hardware Monitor at idle temps just surfing the web. and its 70ºF in my room. I can safely say the GPU is pretty close to correct since i start to throttle around the 70ºC mark.

Sensors in the FX processors are calibrated to get closer to accurate as the temps increase. Take any reading below 40c with a grain of salt. To get relevant temps, run Prime95 Blend mode.

The voltages you'll be working with most are Core Voltage (vCore) and CPU-NB Voltage.

Everything else is history and explained in my last post. :attn: Are you looking at doing an OC now?

Back