• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX60 Debuts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
true .. my question is .. should i sell my current opty 170 that does 2.7 .. for a fx60 which ill have to put out about 750 or so after i sell my old cpu ..
then have a cpu that will clock about 300mhz more on air IF im lucky ..

or put that money towards the 30 in dell LOL

madhatR said:
true .. my question is .. should i sell my current opty 170 that does 2.7 .. for a fx60 which ill have to put out about 750 or so after i sell my old cpu ..
then have a cpu that will clock about 300mhz more on air IF im lucky ..

or put that money towards the 30 in dell LOL
I don't know what to tell you on this one. But if you do decide to go with the FX-60, I would suggest that you do it immediately. Given the history of AMD cpu's, it seems that the first batch released are the best clockers. This was proven again with Opterons, both dual and single core.

i guess im just wondering if its worth it to go from 2.7 opty 170 to say a 3ghz fx60 if im very lucky for about 700 dollars or so

since you are already doing 2.7 the $700 would equal bragging rights. how about another 7800gtx running in sli? heh, sorry to spend your money, that's a sweet rig in your sig.

2nd gtx is on the way .. waiting for it to get back into stock

its really between getting the fx60 .. or waiting a bit for the price of the 3007fwp dell monitor to drop a bit and sell my 2405

without getting OT .. the problem with the dell .. is even dual gtxs will be stressing like mad to play at that res .. with good quality

Back