• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX6100 Overclock 4.2GHZ voltages

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

VOIPBOY

Hi all

Im new really to overclocking - all my attempts in the past have been based on bumping up the multiplier and letting the board do the rest.

However it was not possible to get over 4GHZ using this method so I started to do some digging to draw some conclusions of my own.

I have the following:

MSI 990FXA-GD80
FX6100
Corsair H60 (Push / Pull )
16GB Corsair vengeance DDR3 1600MHZ (Aircooled)
HD6870
Corsair TX650
Adata 128MB SSD (Boot Drive)
4 x Samsung 103SJ 1TB drives
etc etc

So to date here is where Im at:

Multipler at 21 x 4.2GHZ @ 1.34V
CPUNB @2200MHZ @ 1.2V

All the rest pretty much on auto.

I have run a stress test using Prime 95 running stable for a couple of hours - temps are hitting around 49 degrees......idle at 32 degrees.

Question is around my voltages - I cant seem to identify what it should be at? Is temperature linked to voltage if so should I bring it down or are these acceptable operating ranges?

Any one with any more experience of this Id love to hear from. I know it can be bumped to 4.5ghz but to be honest at 4.2 stable Id be happy!

Thanks

Welocome!

You're doing good so far and you have already figured out some things correctly and you questions even show insight.

Up to a certain point, the core/CPU socket temps are more important than worrying about the actual CPU core voltage ("vcore" around here). I would not, however, allow your vcore to exceed 1.55 under load for the sake of longevity of equipment. I doubt if that H60 cooler will allow you to get the vcore that high anyway before core and CPU temps become a limitation. Don't allow core temps to get higher than 60c or CPU socket temps to exceed 70c. I recommend HWMonitor as a handy program to monitor all sorts of temps and voltages.

We also recommend disabling Cool N Quiet, C1E, C6 and Turbo mode in bios and setting the Power Options to High Performance in Windows Control Panel.

Last edited:
Back