• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED FX8320 freeze in 100% load

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Widlajz

Registered
Hey guys,

I have problem with my FX8320 stock 3.5GHz cooled by GELID Solution Tranquillo rev. 2.

When I play games everything is okay (BF3, FC3, Crysis 3), i tried to run some benchmark test to check my temps on CPU though. When I run it and CPU reached 100% load PC completely freeze and I don't know what to do or what is happening this thing.
It's happened when reach 100% load, it wouldn't happened never when i played or when i did some office work or web browsing.

My PC specs:
AMD FX 8320, 3.2GHz
ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0
8GB DDR3 Kingston
MSI GTX760 OC
Seasonic 500W 80+ Bronze.

Download Cpu-Z and post screen shots of the following tabs using the in forum attachment tool, Cpu, Spd and Memory. In order to post them using the in forum tool you need to be in the advanced window when you reply and click on the black paper clip to attach them.

Ok first issue is your ram is rated for DDR3 1333 and you're running it at 1600. Now it doesn't mean it can't run at 1600 but to try and figure out the issue, start by dropping it down to 1333. Then I would download Prime95 and HWMonitor "non pro", open HWmonitor, then run Prime Blend torture test for 20 minutes and see if the symptom persists. Make sure the temps stay below 70c on the Cpu and 65 on the package. Then post a SS of the Hwmonitor using the window snipping tool, it just makes it easier to read then a full screen shot.

I think problem is solved. I changed 1600 to 1333mhz in BIOS and run PRIME95 blend torture test and work fine. Nothing freeze.
I have to say, I forgot to printscreen the Core package, but max. temp was 59c. but cpu temp was 73c after 15 minutes. I'm gonna try LinX and I'll see thats it everything allright as in PRIME95.

Thank you for your advice.
I'll reply here later after I'll try next load CPU.

1.jpg

LinX benchmark test passed ok.

But I'm little bit worried about CPU temps. Isn't it too much? I'm using GELID Solution Tranquillo rev. 2 and that's temp I think it's over limit. Any ideas how to get my temps lower. I placed cooler 3 times with new thermal compound and all were the same. I think this cooler may have a lower temps than I have.

Please excuse my English is not good I think.

Last edited:
Your temps are hot, but under normal conditions you will not stress the Cpu like Prime or Linx will so I wouldn't worry about it. Though I do agree with you that the temps are high considering you are using an aftermarket heatsink. What are your ambient temperatures and what case are you using. Airflow through the case is essential to help cool the components, how many fans are in the case. You could also try removing the case door and blowing a house fan at the motherboard and then re run prime for 20minutes to see if the temps drop. If they do you need more airflow through the case.

Please excuse my English is not good I think.
Don't worry about it.

Czech Republic: --- i`m guessing it`s cold outside and bout 26-28C inside. so this leads me to beleive it`s either a bad mount or bad case airflow

reading a few reviews the gelid coolers are subpar.
can you find a coolermaster 212evo there?

Ambient temp is about 23-25c. I've got Fractal Design R3 though. 2x 120mm in front, 1x 120mm in rear. PSU creates own air-flow. I tried to have door opened, nothing changed though.
I thought this GELID would be ok for this CPU with no oc.

You said you have re mounted the heatsink, is it possible that something is preventing the heatsink from fully contacting the Cpu, such as the ram? Heck I would think the stock cooler will cool better then that, why not give that a try.

Yeah I'll try the stock cooler if it help i don't want to buy another one. No nothing is preventing contact the CPU. It's mounted good though.

In idle I have now 37c. When playing BF3 I've got around 57c. Am I allright?

In idle I have now 37c. When playing BF3 I've got around 57c. Am I allright?
If you're 57 on the package temps yes it's fine albeit still high. Is this with the Gelid cooler or stock ?

It was 57c on CPU temp, package temp was lower. I still think is too much at stock speed with this cooler though. I run GELID. Stock is like a vacuum cleaner. :D

It was 57c on CPU temp, package temp was lower. I still think is too much at stock speed with this cooler though. I run GELID. Stock is like a vacuum cleaner. :D
I agree with you all around:
57c on the Cpu isn't alarming, though I would think it should be lower with an after market heatsink.

If you can try putting the stock heatsink on and run prime again with Hwmonitor open, I'd like to see what the differences in temps are.

I did read some reviews on the Gelid heatsink you have and it's not really all that good, though I still think it would be better then the stock one. You could also try adding a second fan to the Gelid in push pull configuration and see if it helps.

reading a few reviews the gelid coolers are subpar. = We think the Gelid coolers are not so good but you say >> i don't want to buy another one. End of story there.

You bought what appears to be sub-par gelid brand cooler becasue the stock cooler = Stock is like a vacuum cleaner.

I still think is too much at stock speed with this cooler though. = We still believe the gelid model you bought is likely not very good even though it is quieter.

It was 57c on CPU temp, package temp was lower. = Okay then that might get you bye if using the cpu NOT overclocked.
1. It seems you have subpar aftermaket cooler but you will not buy another one.
2. Stock cpu cooler sounds like a vacumm cleaner.
3. Gelid cooler has been remounted 3 time.
4. It was 57c on CPU temp, package temp was lower.
5. Okay then use your system for gaming at the stock n0t overclocked speed and you are where you are going to be. Nothing else to be done but use it.

Just thought of something to help lower the temps and it probably will not affect your gaming. Shut down 2 of the cores and run it as a 6 core chip, it should help with the temps and also not affect the gaming performance.

Thank you both.
I'll enjoy my gaming ;).
I'm gonna stay at this. 57c is good at the game... package temp is lower as I said.

Back