• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fx8350 OCing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
11c = 52f

Those temps are wrong unless you live in a morgue or something.
BTW, CoreTemp is only accurate above around 40c. ;)

First off you still don't know if it's stable there.

I doubt your temps are only at 36-42c during gaming. I know with my rig, my ambient temps are 70f/21c using prime at 4.7 with 1.46875 Cpu V my max temps are 47c under load after 2 hours. While playing BF4 my temps go into the low 40's.

What are your ambient temperatures? Unless you are sitting in a room below 11c the processor cannot be at 11c unless using sub ambient cooling. Fx processor temperature readings aren't accurate until around 40c. My temp reading as we speak are 8c idle which would be impossible.

AMD specs say damage can occur at anything over 62c. I personally shoot for under 55c. That's at 100% load.
Lemme tell you, I can get close to that on a chiller depending what I'm benching at.
You'll be wanting a very good custom water setup. Even then, 5 gig 24/7 is a tough feat.

I run a 9590 with a thermaltake pro 2.0 extreme and its doing pretty well so far but i intend to build a custom loop eventually (when i can convince wife i need to spend money on it)

I run a 9590 with a thermaltake pro 2.0 extreme and its doing pretty well so far but i intend to build a custom loop eventually (when i can convince wife i need to spend money on it)
building a custom loop is really the only way you're going to be able to open the taps on the 9590.

what I"m seeing here is that AMD overdrive is not accurate at all. However, I'm only at 50C

Attachments

• gaming.PNG
    gaming.PNG
    456.6 KB · Views: 26
ok. So temps are still good at 4.4
Is it stable? Can't tell because you can't finish the test without overheating. Logic tells you what here?

Logic says it's stable for my uses. I don't run over 50 or 55C and I only went higher when doing the stress test which are less than ordinary in terms of the conditions the build will typically be at. I think I"m pretty good. Correct me if I'm wrong

This looks alot like my thread where I was shooting for 4.5ghz and stayed happily at 4.4ghz with a successful and very very stable overclock!
Have you settled on the 4.4ghz clock?

Hows the Sabertooth 990fx board to use?

haha, I just posted to your thread myself. I was gonna ask your cooling, but it appears you're using the h100i. That was gonna be my choice. I'm with the 4.4 for now. No reason to push it further without the better cooling.

990fx is awesome. bios is easy, never had any real issue with it in general. deffinitely able to handle a beating (see above lol)

haha, I just posted to your thread myself. I was gonna ask your cooling, but it appears you're using the h100i. That was gonna be my choice. I'm with the 4.4 for now. No reason to push it further without the better cooling.

4.4ghz worked awesome on a Thermaltake 120 with a Noctua 120mm fan for over a year! I just upgraded to the H100i in hopes of trying my hand at taking it a few steps further, my fiancee wanted to overclock her 8350 so she now has my thermaltake running with her M5a99x evo PRO motherboard.. (she has to one up me lol!).

Back