• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE G.Skill 16 GB TridentX DDR3-1600 CL7 Memory Kit Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Well, we brought you two of the higher speed kits in the past. Neither of them did well in testing due to their astronomical prices. Sure, they reached mind bending frequencies, but that alone is not enough to make a reasonable person consider them. With the G.Skill TridentX kit we're looking at today, now we've gone to the other extreme, with a kit rated at DDR3-1600 but with extra tight timings. Let's find out how it performs!

... Return to article to continue reading.

Very nice review as usual Hookie! :thup:
I was secretely hoping for someone reviewing this kit and I have to admit than I am very pleased by the results!

Did you try the opposite way for 2600MHz kit ie. lowering frequency and thightening the timings to compare both kits?
Thx anyway :)

I didn't, but remember they aren't apples to apples, especially with regard to sub-timings. The 2600 kit is 8GB and this one is 16GB.

woulda been amazing ram for sandy era or even FX AMD since they wont do 2400+mhz.

Back