• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

G.SKILL Trident 2000mhz Triple Channel

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nickpeterson92

Registered
Does anyone know where I can get some of this RAM? It is deactivated but I'd like to purchase a second set to fill my slots. I don't really NEED it, I just want the look of full slots and really like this RAM. If anyone knows where I can get some or may have some for sale, let me know. Thank you!

I have a very hard time running 12gb (6x2gb) @ 1000mhz. Actually, I have a hard time running 12gb faster than 800-850mhz :D Under 800mhz is no problem tho.

Im not sure if the performance decrease is worth the added ram tbh..

As for that set, ebay, maybe the classifieds here, or at another forum..

Oh, wow! The reason I like this RAM so much is because I have them cruising at 1866Mhz @ 7-7-7-20. Didn't know adding another set would hinder the performance so much. Thanks for the info! :)

Adding an additional set for a total of 12GB won't hinder the performance, but it will add strain to the NB/ MCH / IMC, especially when combined w/ the high DDR3-1866+ DRAM frequencies. This in turn will require higher Vtt (QPI/DRAM Core), NB / MCH / IMC voltages, including possibly needing to increase the DRAM voltage and / or loosening the DRAM timings for stability.

^

I am running 6 sticks of 2000 mhz ram at 1914 with tight timings and 1T command rate.

All you should need to do when doubling up on the sticks is bump the VTT/QPI-DRAM voltage. Overclocking to 2000 mhz may require more VTT/QPI-DRAM voltage and even some to your NB/IOH

Last edited:
Adding an additional set for a total of 12GB won't hinder the performance

It sure does if you like to run a high uncore, I find it helps kick up memory performance, and lowers overall latency a bit :thup:

Edit:

With Gulftown, you get to play with dividers that you dont get on Bloomfields :beer:

Back