• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

G1 Sniper 5 Issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

paulb787

Registered
Maybe someone here can help? here is my email to gigabyte.

I have found some issues involving the g1 sniper 5 and have been told to contact the "testing team". I have tried multiple times to do this but no one seems to want to help me. This is my first gigabyte motherboard

ISSUE#1
HDD LED Stays lit

Problem: Hdd led is contently on. It will flash with activity but it will always stay lit.

What I Did To Resolve:
After pulling out all of the hard drives and graphics cards I still had the problem. Normally the case with a problem like this is the hdd led connectors are backwards (+/-). This was not the case. I tried a different light and spent hours on working towards a solution.

Solution:
There are 2 USB 3.0 Front panel ports on the motherboard USB_3.0_1(by the 24pin ATX) and USB_3.0_2 (by the front panel connectors). My case usb 3.0 was plugged into USB_3.0_2. After moving it to USB_3.0_1 the problem was resolved.

ISSUE

When a Usb 3.0 Port is plugged into the FP USB_3.0_2 on the motherboard the HDD LED is lit constantly.

Sounds like a bios thing? I am now short 2 usb 3.0 ports because of this.

ISSUE 2
"The audio service is not running" with a X appears on the sound icon in the system tray. however the sound still works and the audio service is running. The only way to fix this is to click the tray icon and goes through windows 8 audio troubleshooter. It finds no problems and refreshed likely and it fixes the problem.

Reproduce this problem:
Under windows 8 x64 with the latest creative sound drivers installed and a line in port plugged in and set to "listen to this device" in the sound manager. Mute the audio and reboot.

It is difficult to explain all of this in a email. I am coming up on my return period and want an answer to what Gigabyte is going to do. calling into customer service has done nothing for me.

Back