• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-78LMT-S2P with Phenom II x4 955 OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

agroferia

Good evening. I need your help, you are the experts in this area. I built a pc recently. It has the following parts:

CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 955
MoBo: GA-78LMT-S2P
GPU: ATI RADEON HD 6850

It has the stock fan and thermal paste. I have Thermaltake TG-2 thermal paste, but I didn't use it because it was my first time build and I didn't want to make a mess. I have a closed case with a small fan of 80mm to blow air into the case.

The motherboard has 4+1 phases, support up to 140W and Low RDS (on).

I have been trying to undervolt and overclock the processor at the same time. Until now I have been lowering the voltage and running prime95 (blender test) watching for temperatures. After many tests, the last time I ran prime95 with 1,25V on the Cpu voltage and 3.4GHz (x17 multiplier). Cool n' Quiet upped my voltage to 1,26V. I ran stable for 1 hour and 10mins aproximately and then it crashed. My maximum temperature with prime95 was 54°C, but it was for a really short period of time, mostly it was at 52°C under load.

I'm afraid of blowing up the motherboard. Speedfan reports the following temperatures:
Temp1: 47°C
Temp2: 57°C
Temp3: 63°C

For what I've seen in internet: Temp0=CPU, Temp1=Mosfet, Temp2=NB. Are those temps dangerous? I just want to overclock the processor only. Thank you so much.

In the forum here it is recommended for 'stability' that the cpu CORE temp not exceed approximately 55C. Your cpu should show and have 4 core temperatures. Generally we have used HWMonitor and the CPU Details tab down mid-ways of the open menu to see all 4 core temperatures. Speed Fan is generally dated for newer technology like your 4 core 955BE.

In the forum here it is recommended for 'stability' that the cpu CORE temp not exceed approximately 55C. Your cpu should show and have 4 core temperatures. Generally we have used HWMonitor and the CPU Details tab down mid-ways of the open menu to see all 4 core temperatures. Speed Fan is generally dated for newer technology like your 4 core 955BE.

Hi, thanks for your answer. I'm already looking at the cores temperatures, which in my initial post I said it was 52°C most of the time. What is getting me worried are the motherboard temperatures which I posted in the final part of my first post. I read that the maximum temperature of the 955BE was 55-62°C so that's why I was trying to get below 55°C already, but I don't see anywhere where they tell you what should be the temperature of the NB or mosfets. So I don't know if my motherboard temperatures are high or are normal. What do you guys think?

BTW. I use HWMonitor too and the motherboard temps are named: TMPIN0, TMPIN1, TMPIN2

Back