• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-K8NS Underclock (AMD Athlon 64 2800+)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BickOC

Hey there. This computer is kinda old now, but it still works good. I want to underclock the CPU (FSB or Multiplier) during a game I play, but not through BIOS as I will only do it during the game. It has nothing to do with being able to run the game or anything. I have tried EasyTune 5 & 6. 6 would not open up at all (no message) and 5 opened the first few times but now REBOOTS my computer when opened. I've also tried using nTune. Both did not seem to affect anything. I prefer software as it won't be used all the time. Thank you for your time :grouphug:

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 2800+
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-K8NS
- Chipset: nForce 3-250
BIOS: Award Modular 6 (F10)
RAM: 1 GB

:welcome: to OCF!

Have you tried ClockGen? It won't change the multiplier but if you changed BIOS to normally run with a higher clock and lower CPU multiplier you could turn down the clock to get the same effect ...

Hey, thank you. Yes I did try ClockGen, it would not let me change anything with the application open, but if it was closed then it worked fine. There is probably something conflicting with it while open... :(

Hi, I was just wondering if there's any option somewhere auto-resetting the FSB? Maybe that's why nothing seems to be working although NVIDIA Monitor says the clock is lowered? I set the multiplier in BIOS from [Auto] to 9x (what Auto set it to anyways) which also apparently disables Cool 'n Quiet.

Back