• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-P67A-UD3-B3 power off / on issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ihrsetrdr

Señor Senior Member
This GA-P67A-UD3-B3 is over 3 yr.s old, had been running a conservative 4.2ghz 24/7 for folding@home duty for about 1 1/2 yr.s without a problem.

For several months I've been looking at possible memory issues, but have tested the gskill ddr3 dimms I have on hand, using memtest86, and have not found errors indicating bad Ram.

However, just lately this board will not boot with more than just one dimm, it will go into an infinite power on/ power off cycle. I have made sure that LLC is enabled, and at the board is now running at stock clocks; PSU is a [1 yr. old] TT tr2 rx 750w bronze.

Board just dying? Any thoughts / suggestions...

I flashed the bios, updated to F8 from F2(original). don't have a battery on hand to swap, but the time and settings are all staying.

I'm still beating this dead horse, I changed the mem voltage from "auto" to 1.58V, and can boot with 2 sticks in slots 3 & 4. The board will not boot with any modules in slots 1 & 2.
I will just make-do with this and carry on, because I bought a replacement board(ASRock Z75 Pro3) because it had 4 DIMM slots but, the ASRock Z75 Pro3 would not boot with more than 2 modules, hence making the board useless for my purposes.

This is an example of a situation where reading the [sometimes silly] Newegg product ratings would have been valuable.

As for the ASRock Z75 Pro3: I spring for return shipping and get Refund.

:rolleyes:

Back