• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-X58A-UD3R with i7 930

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Sorry fundy, thats how I take those posts from anyone. See nzaneb's post then if you didnt like mine. He said the same thing with a lot more tact. Funny how the point remains the same though ehh? :)

Newegg reviews... good one.

Ok, ok, Im done...again. Sorry all. :(

Sorry fundy, thats how I take those posts from anyone. See nzaneb's post then if you didnt like mine. He said the same thing with a lot more tact. Funny how the point remains the same though ehh? :)

Newegg reviews... good one.

Ok, ok, Im done...again. Sorry all. :(

the only newegg reviews i dont trust are the positive one because who would take the time to write a review about a product that they have no problems with other than someone from the product's marketing dept. trying to boost their ratings. if you take the time to read the negative reviews you will find that they all say more or less the same things about gigabyte x58 motherboards and gigabyte support that i have said.

the only newegg reviews i dont trust are the positive one because who would take the time to write a review about a product that they have no problems with other than someone from the product's marketing dept. trying to boost their ratings. if you take the time to read the negative reviews you will find that they all say more or less the same things about gigabyte x58 motherboards and gigabyte support that i have said.

LOL i write positive reviews thats who, it gives people choice, if people only wrote or posted negative reviews on any product, weather computer related or not, no one would buy it, and every single product in the world has some sort of review somewhere on it, imagine if they were all negative, Would you buy it.

The reviews you need to watch out for are the ones being done by websites, where manufacturers send sites their products to test and write a review, you really think they are gonna write a bad review about a product from crucial or gigabyte for instance, no way mate, those manufactures would say well sod you then your not getting anymore of our stuff thankyou very much, so quite simply, these sites make the products work and dont say anymore about it like problems they might of had trying to get it to work.

3 months ago I brought a crucial M225 64gb SSD, as you will see from my signature, its no longer in my system, my PC BSOD'd the other night and that was the end of that drive, but you dont hear me mouthing them off, i called them today and they told me they will replace it with their newer C300 model, gave me an RMA number and address and told me to get it in the post to them, 24hr turn around times, kinda worked in my favor, but im sure some reviewer didnt say somewhere, dont buy this drive, max lifespan is 3 months, no one would buy them.

Its the end users reviews you should be trusting, not sites reviews put there to big a company up.

Sorry but thats the most stupid thing ive ever heard.

i called them today and they told me they will replace it with their newer C300 model, gave me an RMA number and address and told me to get it in the post to them, 24hr turn around times, kinda worked in my favor,

yes, thats the difference between crucial and gigabyte. thank you for proving my point. gigabyte blames the customer for their defective products, other companies will exchange them without hassle.

if gigabyte simply replaced my motherboard with a working one then i would not have any reason to "mouth off". it would be just like your situation with crucial.

instead i get pre-written responses in emails that direct me to call the indian support team which tells me to send it to rma, which sends it right back(i presume without testing it because it was returned to me in less than a week). i re-tested it, it still will not post so i email them back, they blame other hardware and tell me to call the indian tech support to begin the process all over again.

this is how gigabyte treats their customers. to the op, be warned.

i dont have that many stars under my name so i must not have "teh majek" to make this f.o.c. motherboard post.

i would say the fact that it was returned to you in less than a week shows they have an excellent turn around service, like i said earlier, they obviousley had it working, and i get exactly the same service from gigabyte as I do from crucial, so its not proved a point at all.

i would say the fact that it was returned to you in less than a week shows they have an excellent turn around service, like i said earlier, they obviousley had it working, and i get exactly the same service from gigabyte as I do from crucial, so its not proved a point at all.

it could also mean that they didnt bother to test because they get so many defective x58 motherboards coming through that they would lose piles of money if they actually replaced them.

when you deal with gigabyte support, who do you talk to? i would like to speak with that representative.

I finally put the system together on Saturday. Everything with stock setting went well. OC it to 3.6, Prime95 stress tested it for 6 hours last night. CPU-Z shows CPU at 68C when 100% loaded.

motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R (rev. 2)
cpu: Intel i7 930
cpu cooler: CoolIT SYSTEMS ECO A.L.C. plus a 120mm Antec Tri Cool LED Fan for push/pull setting
ram: Kingston KHX2000C9AD3T1K3/6GX
video card: PNY Quadro FX580 (borrowed from a friend as I haven’t decided which card to purchase)
psu: Antec Quattro 850 with 80Plus® Bronze Certification
case: Cooler Master 690 II Advanced with following fan configuration
- front - 140mm stock air intake fan
- back - removed 120mm stock exhaust fan, free space for CoolIT SYSTEMS ECO exhaust
- top - 140mm stock exhaust fan with an additional 120mm Antec Tri Cool LED exhaust fan
- bottom - reuse 120mm stock fan (removed from back) as air intake fan with additional 120mm Antec Tri Cool LED Fan for air intake
- left panel - 120mm Antec Tri Cool LED Fan as air intake
- right panel - SilenX iXtrema Pro 80mm exhaust fan

So far, I am happy with the mobo. :) Hopefully I won't encounter the same problem that fundip had.

Last night I tried to bring it up to 4.0Ghz. However, when the CPU was 100% loaded, temperature was at the mid 80'sC. I wasn't sure if it was still within the normal (healthy) range and I didn't like seeing the temperature beyond 80C. So I set it back to 3.6Ghz. Will try a different setting again.

Were you using Linx0.6.4 to load test, because that would be a little high for liquid cooling temp.

I was using Vista Ultimate 64 bits to run the Prime95 64 bits "In-place large FFTs (maximum heat, power consumption, some RAM tested)" Torture Test.

Back