• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i7 930 Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R overclock help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
reset to fail-safe defaults and get into windows. go to your advanced system properties (in windows 7 it is start->right-click on "computer"->properties->click on advanced system settings) and click the settings button down under "startup and recovery"->uncheck the box that says automatically restart on system failure.

This will keep the BSOD on the screen until you reset the machine manually. As far as the mem voltage I'm sure 1.64 or 1.66 would be fine. You could also try downloading memtest86 and burning it to a cd. then boot from that cd and run the test for at least a pass or two to make sure you don't have any bad sticks of memory. however I would make sure to set the memory to the proper DDR3 1600 speeds (or just engage the XMP profile) before hand as it will probably get auto-detected at DDR3 1066

So I changed the settings and now I can boot into windows with 4ghz but when I run the intel burn test I get BSOD. but its not very descriptive. its just 0x00000000001E or something really general. How would I go about fine tuning my system from here? I can boot into your settings but can't put load on

Here is a list of X58 BSOD codes that should get you going in the right direction.

As always when OCing, as you go about adjusting these voltages keep an eye on temps especially when running burn test.

In addition to the power saving features (C states) that you turned off make sure that turbo mode is disabled or you might have your CPU trying to access that 22x multiplier.

Back