• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8700K Gigabyte Z370 HD3 and CPU Cooler Upgrade

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
There you go pal.

and if i may ask ....is there any tutorial ANYWHERE, that explains all these options specifically. I have seen many tuts so far but none of them explain it all ( too bad ) If not wingman i'd never find out about that IA AC/DC parameters.
thats what i mean screen :
attachment.php

Not that I know of. I only use manual voltage and don't play games with offsets and such for this exact reason. :)

There you go pal.

and if i may ask ....is there any tutorial ANYWHERE, that explains all these options specifically. I have seen many tuts so far but none of them explain it all ( too bad ) If not wingman i'd never find out about that IA AC/DC parameters.
thats what i mean screen :

While the IA AC/DC load line is highlighted you can point to the bottom of the screen and see what the settings do. The IA AC/DC load line is for dynamic DVID table for Vcore calibration of clock speed. 0 is default and sets AUTO to Intel specification.

IA AC Loadline.jpg

evening guys tomorrow im starting testing and trying to reach more than 4,8GHz with me super-high-end MOBO, it;ll be much easer when i take some screens and upload them to some hostings,
whats the best and quickest one for posting pics for forums tthese times you could suggest.
kind regards and good night

I have a delidded i7-8700K running at 5 GHz on a Gigabyte Z370P D3 and the VRMs run very cool. Check that your VRM heatsink isn't loose. Several Gigabyte Z370 motherboards had this problem.

evening guys tomorrow im starting testing and trying to reach more than 4,8GHz with me super-high-end MOBO, it;ll be much easer when i take some screens and upload them to some hostings,
whats the best and quickest one for posting pics for forums tthese times you could suggest.
kind regards and good night
right here just like youve already done! :)

Hello, good afternoon, good morning.

Wingman, i have not change any voltages and stuff since changing the CPU Cooling System, therefore workload remains the same, doesnt it ?

and u also suggesting to replace it eventually with ASRock Z370 Extreme4 , insteaf of taichi. Are you sure it'll handle OC up to 5GHz?

To be fair i just compared both boards and taichi's got just some extra features like wifi, display port , more M.2 Slots, but do u know if its got the same VRM sections as Extreme 4 ?

Well, if Extreme 4 is as good as taichi and it's about 70 pounds cheaper than taichi, then yes its worth it :) cheers guys

No the work load with a delid and better cooling will run without throtting the processor first, so the workload is higher on the processor and VRM. With processor throttling it self the work load is less also it is what work load that can be done.

Like I can run Prime95 no AVX with less work load or get better cooling and delid then run prime95 with FMA3 and increase the workload, increased watts on the processor and VRM. You went with better cooling and delid and that will allow increase of processor watts from not throttling.

The ASRock Z370 Extreme4 and taichi have the same VRM phase. https://www.hardwareluxx.de/community/f12/lga-1151-mainboard-vrm-liste-1175784.html#z370

Last edited:
cant sleep guys ! :)

well it's movin a little bit but i'm not sure if thats what you mean mate
im attaching a video not sure if you'll be able to see it moving

cant sleep guys ! :)

well it's movin a little bit but i'm not sure if thats what you mean mate
im attaching a video not sure if you'll be able to see it moving

The heatsink is push riveted down I would not mess with it.

I have a delidded i7-8700K running at 5 GHz on a Gigabyte Z370P D3 and the VRMs run very cool. Check that your VRM heatsink isn't loose. Several Gigabyte Z370 motherboards had this problem.

i do understand it might be pain in the *** but could you please provide some more details regarding ur settings in bios, vcore, avx, vcore mode, offset manual auto, i cant really get it done properly it seems, even i set desired voltage after booting it's a random voltage with very high peaks. I'll provide more details including pictures tomorrow after work. ( Cant really wait for it ! ) good night, good people.

What stress test did you run for maximum CPU and VRM temperature?

ok guys im back.
i just did two quick tests at stock and 4800mhz as i want these two to be our reference point.
Here we go :
Ambient temp 26c

Stock : Loaded Defaults Settings, Nothing changed in BIOS, probably all options in Auto :
I ran Linx for approx 20 minutes where VRMs reached 114c and i believe it would go even higher after that but no throttling yet.

Pic1 : BIOS Settings

YMPKEu.png

Just after reset:
Pic2
gyRFIQ.jpg

and after 20 minutes LINX

pic3
NT00vX.jpg

and here we go with 4800 mhz with Vcore set to 1,290 LLC levels and other info on screens :

Volatages
3SJU5C.png

LLC

dJhyaP.png

CPU settings
xMk1JU.png

and both HWINFO readings just after reboot and after just 3 minutes in LINX where theres VRM Throttling.

K8TKEN.jpg
8eTChZ.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

and the question, what is the vcore mode when theres manually entered vcore 1,290 and option below Dynamic vcore ( DVID) isnt avilable/ highlighted . i cannot work it out . Thats the reason no chance to go above 4900 MHZ and boot the PC .

thank you guys for your time

and this is how temps and voltages look like after just 50 seconds in linx when i just changed one thing AVX from offset 4 to auto.
its literally burning it witch avx at 4800, personally i thought its going to lower it while in avx. and check whats going on with Vcore values minimum was in idle, and there look at 1.53V highest one :O im shocked because i aint changed any vcore or LLC settings.

dzsuCt.jpg

On my Gigabyte board I set the max voltage plus +offset at the max vcore I wanted to allow. After getting my OC stable under that ceiling, based on thermals, I turned all the power saving features back on. That keeps my max vcore from doing what yours did. My LLC is set to "High", but my numbers were arrived at by measuring the voltage with a VOM at the points provided on my board.

u know guys, ive tried all the opions u suggested but after all
i just realised theres no point risking to burn that mobo or even worse CPU due to ****ty power section on my mobo. for a second i was like " must have that asrock z370 extreme 4" but then i chilled, started witcher 3, gta v , tomb raider and realised 4800MHz avx offse 4 is enough atm and even mor than i need. it's obvious that w always want more and more but not at all cost! .
im giving up with CPU OC, now ill be trying to get it done at 4,8 and applying lower voltage . and then Ill be into memory OC , atm im at 2800MHz with latencies set by default, XMP profile is 2600 i think cant really remember. \
After all I'm super happy and all your effort and advises are very very muchly appreciated .
Kind regards to all of you .

i cant just get enough of it ..
@wingman99

some time ago mate, u said to change IA AC Loadline to 1 and it makes DVID available, but i believe that chanig it to 1 does nothing.
have a look at these values , what these values are, is the number the volts, time delays or something, thats strange

its been set up automatically when i changed the avx offset to auto .. bizzare imo
screen
D4TeKa.png

apologies for misspelling messages
my wireless keyboard is at the end of the life span

I've gotten email notifications for all of wingman's test posts, but the posts weren't there when I looked until this one. Don't know if it helps or not.

He deleted all of them except that last post.

Cleaning up the thread. Sorry mamut. :)

He deleted all of them except that last post.
I only deleted test once and left the second one after trying a slew of times different sentences and paragraphs and inoformation. Hope this time it works.

@Mamut
Looks like you have the new F8 BIOS update that does not save the IA AC/DC to 0 when you reboot. So every time you change the memory multiplier it will not change the IA AC/DC default to zero.

On mine the stock default multiplier setting then rebooting will set the default IA AC to 60 and IA DC to 170 for DVID. The new BIOS does not save auto of 0 with IA AC/DC. IA AC 60 and IA DC to 170 for DVD should work fine for i7 8700k or you can use 1 for both and increase the DVID voltage setting.

Do you want to use dynamic DVID or fixed Vcore?

EDIT: I was not able to give all the information I wanted to, I get a error -Oh-No-404-Article-Not-Found. I'm tired of of typing.:-/

This is my change in Vcore when using IA AC/DC load line settings with Dynamic DVID.
5.0GHz Prime95 AVX disabed, HWMonitor Vcore 1.260v Minimum for all 3 setups below. I run with all power savings features this is just to show with them disabled.

Manual IA AC/DC settings 5.0GHz Power savings features disabled IA AC 60, DC 170, BIOS DVID +0.200v LLC AUTO Prime95 AVX disabled Vcore 1.260v, idle 1.380v =Load line -0.120v
Manual IA AC/DC settings 5.0GHz power savings features disabled IA AC 1, DC 1 BIOS DVID +0.270 LLC AUTO Prime95 AVX disabled Vcore 1.260v idle 1.380v = Load line -0.120v
AUTO IA AC/DC settings 5.0GHz power savings disabled IA AC 170, DC 170, BIOS DVID +0.080v LLC Auto Prime95 AVX disabled Vcore 1.260v idle 1.344v= Load line -0.084v
IA AC/DC Does not change fixed Vcore Load line.

Last edited:
Hello and Hi after some time off :)

So, yes, i have upgraded my ****ty mobo and coller to :
MSI Z390 MPG GAMING EDGE AC and Corsair H115 pro 280mm and delided the cpu - all that around 2 years ago. Not so happy with RAM upgrade as still at 16GB 2400MHz clocked to 2800Mhz
After a long break i came back at playing with OC, and right now, it looks like that :
5.0GHz @ 1,38V currently - started with 1,40V and gradually lowering the Vcore, here stats from aida burn test FPU and cache
Przechwytywanie.png
sms screenshot generator

any ideas if vccsa and i/o voltages look OK ?

Many thanks :salute:

EDIT :

What does that mean ?
Przechwytywanie.PNG

Last edited:
Back